Kemper - water splash

• My (unplugged) Kemper (non powered toaster) took a small splash of water to the front left panel by the chicken switch and headphone jack.

I wiped it off really quickly and left it overnight face down in front of a fan. I also put some large packs of silica gel in the back compartment.

I am wondering what to do now as I don't want to ruin it, but I was thinking of waiting a week before powering it up again?

Any ideas as I am absolutely panicking I have ruined my Kemper :(

• I'm fairly certain that if you wait a week any water should have evaporated, since you say it was a small splash. Less time could probably do it, but if you can wait for that long, that's fine.

I don't think there's anything more to do, other than contact support directly with your question in the meantime (there's a link in my signature).

I'm sure you're fine with no cause for worry :)

• If it was just a small splash and you wiped it off directly after it happened, i assume that there is no water inside the unit.

In my opinion you can power it up and you don´t have to fear anything. The KPA is a solid construction and the risk of getting water inside the way you described is next to zero i think.

It´s always good to be careful with electronics and water, but the amount of water needed to damage the unit has to be much more than just a splash. If you have let it dry face down with an fan to speed the process up, i don´t think that anything will happen.

I would turn it on and keep an eye on any liquids nearby ;)

• I would say it's fine but leave it another few days just to be sure. I used to have a Boss GT8 and had a jam room which was little more than a converted shed. Went in one day while it was raining and found the roof to be leaking right onto the GT8. It was off but plugged in. Quickly unplugged it and picked it up - there was water coming out of it! Left it upside down in the hot press (cupboard thing we have here where the hot water tank is) for over a week, it was fine when I turned it on.

• As long as it was fresh clean water you should be good to go after drying.

Someone I know rolled his airplane in a lake.
    They were able to quickly pull the electronics (radio, gps, transponder etc) and put them in a bucket of fresh water. which removed all the lake water before it had dried and left deposits.
    After dying them later, they all worked fine.

• I would say it's fine but leave it another few days just to be sure. I used to have a Boss GT8 and had a jam room which was little more than a converted shed. Went in one day while it was raining and found the roof to be leaking right onto the GT8. It was off but plugged in. Quickly unplugged it and picked it up - there was water coming out of it! Left it upside down in the hot press (cupboard thing we have here where the hot water tank is) for over a week, it was fine when I turned it on.

I also have a GT8 that survived a flood in my basement a few years ago, still rockin'!!

• Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

I am going to try and turn the unit on tonight and hope it's all ok. It has been a week tonight, so hopefully long enough for it to dry out.

Robman, the fan wasn't blowing up into the unit, it was face down on a pillow with tons of silica gel inside.