KPA Stability - Is it ready for prime-time tour usage?

• The firmware updates do not change the sound!...there's no need to change/improve the sound, it's hard to imagine how they could improve the fidelity & tone.

Agree, though future updates could bring profile merging, separate profiling of single components (tonestack, pre-amp, power amp, cab), warp ( 8o 8o ) function and other fancy stuff that could make the KPA even more awesome. I'm sure Christoph has some cards up in his sleeves!! :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ??? ok, I think that I've probably completely misunderstood your post...??? What I meant is that is "nice" and not "funny" that here everybody is entitled to his own opinion with the respect from the other members.... I think I did misread your post.... ?(

No you didn't misunderstand anything.It's just me being in a rude mood. Afterall I've been away for about 10 hours from my KPA. If I don't dose myself with some of it every few hours I get like that. That's the only real big issue with the unit and I wonder what the guys at Kemper have put in it to make the KPA so badly unprudently addictive :wacko: .

• For me since I won't be taking it to gigs, i'm not too concerned about the occasional freeze/crash while in the studio, and being very familiar with the Virus synths, i'm sure software problems will be dealt with pretty fast, for any live shows I don't think I'd gig with just one KPA, maybe 2 units(1 for backup) or 1 KPA and some good other unit for backup, but that's what I do with any gear, even the most expensive digital units, or best tube amps can fail at the worse moments.

• just trying to get a bit more info

... and that's what you will get. some just take it too personally when there are critical statements. i love the concept so i will surely give it another try when its software is 'complete' and more stable. but i would never do a gig without a backup plan for my setup anyway. it's just a question of being confident that it will work so you can have a free mind for making music.

• Oh no. I'm not happy to be reading about this now that I have one set to be delivered tomorrow.

I hope this isn't another Peavey Vypyr - sounds great but can't be trusted.

• Oh no. I'm not happy to be reading about this now that I have one set to be delivered tomorrow.

I hope this isn't another Peavey Vypyr - sounds great but can't be trusted.

Don't know, mine has been ON for the past 2 days, for probably about 8 hours each day, and not a crash yet..but it's too soon to say, haven't down much editing yet..

• same here. I'm in tour with the kemper since september 2012 and never had a bug on stage whatsoever. I only had the minor issue of the red screen flashing updating to 1.5.4.

but all the gigs were outstanding.

of course, except when I'm flying, I carry my kemper with a flightcase and have some care when moving it on stage. naturally I don't throw it around :)

but apart of this little caring, cable it, turn it on and forget about it............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Only times I've had weird behavior from the KPA is when updating the firmware (it will occasionally say Update Failed, but retrying has worked). I've never had a performance-related issue. That said, IMHO anyone who gigs for paying audiences but who doesn't bring a back-up for each critical piece of gear is asking for trouble. I use a DigiTech RP355 as a backup for my KPA. $130 used, fits in my gigbag.

• Had mine since around Feb or March of 2012, first run white face that sweetwater got.. original firmware had a few issues but after a couple updates it was solid as a rock. Once I updated to a beta firmware and it corrupted my settings and I did have to do flash init but after that it has worked perfectly ever since. No locks, crashes, non-boots, red screens, etc. Perfect! I run mine on a good UPS too.