MIDI Drum Tracks

• Google for guitar pro files (i.e. "ozzy osbourne lightning strikes guitar pro"). They often have percussion tracks. You can extract the drum tracks as MIDI and drop them in your DAW. That's how I do it.

• Can you please explain further in details??? I have Guitar Pro 5 on my MAC and would like to extract ONLY drum midi... can this be done into GarageBand or Pro Tools??? HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS WIZARDRY :?:

• BootyWizard - simply solo the drum track in your Guitar Pro file and then export this file as MIDI data.. and then load this MIDI data into some instrument track created in your DAW and use some kind of drum Virtual Instrument on it ... for instance EZ Drummer 2.. that´s all.. and you will be very happy.. I do what has raunch suggested always.. :)

• Google for guitar pro files (i.e. "ozzy osbourne lightning strikes guitar pro"). They often have percussion tracks. You can extract the drum tracks as MIDI and drop them in your DAW. That's how I do it.

This approach seems to brings up sites that all require some kind of pay-for service or tab reader purchase in order to load the songs. Or am I overlooking something?

• There are many free guitar pro sites out there. But you do need a tab reader. I have never paid for tabs or midi files except Guitar Pro, which I thought was worth the money.

(NOTE: I am not affiliated with any sites or Guitar Pro)

• @raunch , when you say to export the Guitar Pro file as MIDI data, am I correct to assume that is a common feature of tab readers? And is a Guitar Pro file basically considered another standard "class" of file like an audio file or a MIDI file? In other words, a Guitar Pro file could be loaded into most tab readers?

Sonic

• @raunch , when you say to export the Guitar Pro file as MIDI data, am I correct to assume that is a common feature of tab readers? And is a Guitar Pro file basically considered another standard "class" of file like an audio file or a MIDI file? In other words, a Guitar Pro file could be loaded into most tab readers?

Sonic

'Guitar Pro' is a tab reading program; so yes. Whatever tabs you download is essentially just a file type. I use guitar pro 5 and I usually get my tabs from ultimate guitar and simply open the downloaded tab file with the guitar pro application.

Sonic

Yeah, it's a proprietary binary executable which you need Guitar Pro to load. But once you try the demo or even buy the full-version you can extract any midi track from the song. I highly recommend it for learning songs or riff as well. (I heard some riffage and playing of yours on another thread and it blew me away) but I would still recommend you the program.

The tabs are sometimes lifted from those old cherry lane tab books you probably know. The drums are often reprogrammed. I'm sure this is what you're looking for.

Sincerely hope it helps you.

• @ Bootywizard...

maybe what you were looking is drumagog which allows you to convert drum tracks into midi so that you can modify it. google the name and you will find out...

if that's wan't what you were asking, sorry...forget it

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music