Turns out, Michael Britt is just as awesome as his profiles

• Just thought I'd share this with you all today. Mike's band Lonestar is playing in my area tonight (Portland, Maine). I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Mike today, chatting about the Kemper, his gear, etc. We all know his profiles sound awesome. But as it turns out, Mike's personality and generosity are just as awesome. He took a good chunk of his time to chat and never made me feel like I was intruding. Got to watch the band's sound check and hear his profiles in action at a nice live venue. I use almost nothing but his profiles and I think they sound awesome. But man, hearing them through that system, with Mike playing them, they sounded PHENOMENAL. Lonestar sounded great right from the beginning of soundcheck. Afterwards, Mike invited me up to check out his rig and he noted that there are a couple sounds that I heard today which will be in his next rig pack (which I will certainly be purchasing).

Anyway, I know this isn't 100% Kemper related, but figured I'd share it because we all know that Mike has helped many Kemper users get the sound they were looking for with his profiles. And it's always nice to meet pros who are humble and down to earth. I'm looking forward to hearing their show tonight. Thank you again to @lonestargtr!

• Can you give a quick review of his live set up if you know it and your opinion. I am curious what he uses to monitor himself onstage..a FRFR like his Xitone model or does he use a guitar cab?

• Can you give a quick review of his live set up if you know it and your opinion. I am curious what he uses to monitor himself onstage..a FRFR like his Xitone model or does he use a guitar cab?

His stage setup is very simple and compact (yet sounds AWESOME). Up front on his board, all he has is the Kemper, a Mission KP1 pedal for wah with the switch disabled, and then another pedal for volume.

In his rack he had his Kemper, a Line 6 unit (can't remember the model) that he uses for some additional effects, and then a Monster power conditioner. I might have missed a thing or two, but that's the bulk of it right there.

For monitoring, he uses a Sennheiser EW300 G3 in-ear system with Sensaphonic in-ear buds. He said he also normally uses his Xitone 1/12 cab for monitoring on stage as he often uses one in-ear in, and one out for more of a live feel that often isn't there when you wear both in-ears. But his Xitone cab shorted out on him the night before. So if I remember correctly, I THINK he's using a QSC K12 in the interim (but I could be wrong on that one).

His guitars are nice. Set up well (as you'd imagine). He had about 4-5 with him, Fenders, Andersons, etc. I really liked one of his strats. The neck felt great, and didn't feel like the baseball bat that some strats feel like to me. Even if they're not necessarily thick, I just have never been a fan of strat necks. But this one felt really nice.

It was really just further confirmation for me that given the right profiles and knowing how to use them (along with the natural ability in your hands), the Kemper sounds just as great as a tube amp live. I loved listening to the guitar in that venue. Mike had his tone dialed in perfectly. There wasn't one song where I thought "oh, that doesn't sound good".

• Your experience is exactly the same as mine when Lonestar came to Jacksonville last year.
    Mike is a top notch guy all the way around....genuine, friendly, and somebody you'd want to
    hang out with a beer. His profiles are what I use 98% of the time. We probably grew up
    with some overlapping musical influences so what he wants to hear from a profile
    ends up being the same as what I want to hear from it.

I was blown away at Lonestar's show. What a great sounding and tight band. :thumbup:
    I was a fan the first time I saw the video for No News.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I have nothing but great experiences with Michael and his profiles. maybe he realized how much of a loser I felt like in high school when no girls would dance with me when "amazed" came on at the teenage dance? haha. seriously though... his 70 Super Lead Profiles are my favorites. To me, it's the ultimate marshall tone.
    If Lonestar ever comes to St. John's Newfoundland, I'll be there for sure.

• I can echo this.

Whilst I've never met Mike (I'm in the UK) I pretty much exclusively use his profiles and have his Xitone can being built for me.

I mailed him with a couple of questions when I first got the KPA and he came back straight away and was really helpful..

I've bought more profiles of his as time has gone on and will continue to do so.. They sound awesome in a live context so with a little tweaking to taste I just get on with it!

Si