Setup Help?

• Hi, here's my situation?

I have the Rockcrusher recording unit as seen here and need hook up advice? I used to use it with my amps because it has great speaker emulation/load-box capability and of course, attenuation.

Now that I run the KPA spidf not sure?
    Ultimately I'd like to record three tracks simultaneously.
    One spidf mono left and one mono crusher w/ emulation right, (vice-versa) and add a sm57 on the cab as a third track into protools.

My chain was:
    Guitar in amp > 16 / 8 ohm out to crusher (input from amp) > crusher out (use first) to speaker > balanced out of crusher to 002 rack.

Current chain:
    Guitar in KPA > Monitor out of KPA to Camplifier > Right main out of KPA to crusher (input from amp) > crusher out (use first) to speaker cab > balanced out of crusher to 002 rack > spidif to 002 rack

EDIT:
    So the rockcrusher is attenuating but I get horrible added EMF (all is connected to power conditioner), no matter what the guitar.
    Crusher is 8ohm, cab is 8ohm, Campliflier 180 is 8ohm so all good.
    It stops as soon as I turn the rockcrusher off. I don't get it?
    I thought of selling it but would lose a bunch and then I read about using it for profiling... hmmm, should I keep it?
    Is there a better way to connect this?

Thanks guys, hope this wasn't to convoluted!

Cheers

?(

Edited 2 times, last by 808illest: Pics. ().

• LoL, Solved! Ditching the crusher, makes no sense attenuating a solid state amp with a master volume. I'm so used to tube amps and they need to be cookin for the tone but this is a whole new beast. A bit foggy from all the damned treatment <X

I'm just running a mono mic, stereo spidf and two mono analog tracks panned L-R. Works fine.

Ps. Need a Rockcrusher?

• Ha!

I was going to suggest it was redundant now, but didn't have the heart. Also figured I must've been missing something.

Now that you've got the Kemper and don't need the cab sim, it'd just be deadweight that's gonna add noise to what would already be an elegant system IMHO.

Well done, Shawn. Parting with old friends is seldom easy.