Need some help recreating rock tones by Farin Urlaub

• Hello, everyboby!

I am trying to learn to recreate some tones from songs that I like with the Kemper. I didn't get very far (I got like ... no experience with this whatsoever :D ) so I was hoping for some help and advice from you guys.
    Specifically I am looking for main rhythm and solo tones of the song "Atem" by Farin Urlaub Racing Team (it should be possible to find on Youtube). Farin Urlaub has a history of using rack preamps (JMP-1) and rack effects, sometimes software amps, and now a Kemper, so that isn't much to go on. If you have any idea for profiles (preferably free ones I can experiment with), effects, or specific amps to find profiles of, I would be very grateful. :)

• I do know that Farin and the producer liked the rigs from the free Michael Wagner Rig Pack a lot when recording the 2014 Faszination Weltraum.
    When I asked Farin about the sounds he used live, he replied that they didn't have the time to profile themselves, so he's using all stock factory Profiles.

Given the amount of gain he uses, I would suggest you take a look at the "Rand L. TS Mandy" Profile, or maybe the wonderful "Add A MP1" with less gain?

hth

• Thanks for the insight, this is awesome to know!

I did play around with the Michael Wagener pack and you were right, the "Rand L. TS Mandy" Profile seems to fit very well for the main rhythm guitar. I don't think they actually used this profile for the recording (or any, for that matter: this particular song was on the 2008 album "Die Wahrheit übers Lügen" ;) ) but as long as it sounds good (and it does!) I am more than happy :thumbup:

I was, however, not quite able to match the solo tone, even with the MW profiles. To me it sounds a little like there is some specific EQ or effect going on? But then again, I don't really have much of a clue what I'm talking about :D Any idea for this one?

Thanks again for your help! :)