(UPDATE 12-6-17) Broken Browse Knob

• Hi Guys,
    I have a Kemper PowerHead that I bought as a scratch and dent a while back. The browse knob was hanging off so I glued in a piece of plastic that was cylindrical and it lasted for a while. Today it finally broke off but sheared flush so there is nothing left for me to attach to. I took the unit apart and realized these knob rather be on their own separate are PCB the are part of the entire front panel PCB with the LCD. I put an email into Kemper asking if I can purchase the front panel because I can replace it myself. I am in the USA. I hope they can let me purchase what I need. Other than that the unit has been fantastic!

• Hi Guys,
    I have a Kemper PowerHead that I bought as a scratch and dent a while back. The browse knob was hanging off so I glued in a piece of plastic that was cylindrical and it lasted for a while. Today it finally broke off but sheared flush so there is nothing left for me to attach to. I took the unit apart and realized these knob rather be on their own separate are PCB the are part of the entire front panel PCB with the LCD. I put an email into Kemper asking if I can purchase the front panel because I can replace it myself. I am in the USA. I hope they can let me purchase what I need. Other than that the unit has been fantastic!

Wow. I think you'll probably have to send it in, seems unlikely they will just mail you the part.

Best of luck getting it fixed!

• Here's a thought.
    Don't want to get your hopes up, but...If the unit is still under warranty (which is transferrable) and there are LEDs that are out, it may be eligible for a fix....which (I believe) replaces the whole front panel. (assuming that the LED fix is still being done)
    End of thought ;)

• Thanks Guys, unit is not under warranty nor do I want to send it out when I am capable of replacing the board myself. LED's are working fine on my unit and I don't want to mislead the mfg. I specifically told them I bought a scratch and dent, I understand this comes with an inherent risk with the lower price point. For whatever reason they cant sell me the front panel I will try and find a salvage unit and unsolder the browse pot from the board and repair mine or try and locate the pot.

• I wanted to update this thread. After contacting Kemper about my situation they issued an RMA and the unit was repaired by AED Electronics in Dallas Texas. I was honest about the situation and explained to Kemper I had disassembled the unit to inspect the broken piece and offered to pay for a new front panel to replace it myself.

I can't thank Kemper enough for truly standing behind this amazing product. Their customer support is top notch and thanks to AED as well! My unit is functioning as expected and flawlessly. Everyone I show the profiler wants one as they can't believe how good it sounds as it sits next to my ENGL Powerball II head which is collecting dust because I stole the soul from my ENGL and it gave life to the Kemper.

Again, amazing customer support behind their product!

• I'm still in the early, honeymoon phase with my KPA, but I can't say how great it is to hear that Kemper stands by its product like this.

For me the unit is invaluable & truly versatile. It's light and a piece of cake to travel with. I had made two patches from my ENGL one for studio going through any set of monitor speakers and also one with power amp enabled to plug into any guitar cab.