New kemper owner searching for the best high gain sounds

• @MaFaDiC what made you get the SinMix Diezel pack and not CiliLabs? I bought the Cililabs last night but due to error massages trying to open the files I could not try them out. I will tonight.

More importantly how do the Cililabs 5150 compare to the Diezel amps? Are you using them for mainly crushing new metal tones?

Thanks!

I got the SinMix Diezel pack due to a recommendation from another forum user. But I compared the two packs (SinMix's and CiliLab's) beforehand and SinMix's sounds better and more versatile to my ears. But CiliLab's Diezel pack still sounds awesome! His (Cili'Lab's) 5150 has some really nice crunch tones but also some heavy stuff and a few beautiful clean tones. But as I said, I could only test CiliLab's 5150 profiles for about a half an hour till now. Long story short: SinMix's Diezel and CiliLab's 5150 both sound amazing and as those are two different amps – which I both like – I would suggest to take them both. You will find some really nice tones in each one!

• And the link to Lars site: http://deadlightstudioprofiles.bigcartel.com You can listen on his soundcloud. Theres tons of crushing metal there.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Check out Choptones - lots of great profiles.

Two of my favorites:

PRS Archon 100W 6L6: https://shop.choptones.net/ind…ct/product&product_id=477

Engl Savage 120 E610: https://shop.choptones.net/ind…ct/product&product_id=234

• I have yet "only" bought two commercial packs:

1. Andy James Signature Profiles by STL (about 40 rigs)
    2. Brit 800ZW Zakk Wylde Profile Pack by Choptones (about 150! rigs with lots of different mic setups etc)

I'm extremely happy with both of them, allthough they serve completely different needs (old school / modern). But definitely worth checking them out!

Lots of kids when they get their first instrument hammer away at it but they don't realise there are so many levels of dynamics with a guitar. You can play one note on a guitar and it really gets to people if it is the right note in the right place played by the right person.

Gary Moore

• I know this is kind of the "stock" answer, but try some of the free stuff from commercial profilers, so that you can see whose style matches up with what you want to hear. Once you know who does and does not work for you, it makes it easier to narrow down.

I'd start with the SinMix pack that MementoMori linked, the Lars Luettge rig pack from Kemper, and check out some of Reampzone's freebies on the rig exchange. There would probably be enough variety there to keep you entertained for a long time, without having to pay for anything.

Live Ready Profiles doesn't have as large of a library, but I really like the packs he does offer, as well. Cili also has some really good metal profiles, and his newer packs are especially good. Mattfig also has a few really good ones, such as his Brown Eye and his updated Vishnu -- especially if you are looking for more classic high gain. Big Hairy Profiles also has really great rock and classic metal tones, but it's harder to find freebies for him, to try it out.

This isn't to discourage you from trying some of the other profilers, because I've heard really great results from just about all of them. I'm sure I left out plenty that I actually lose, but those are most of my go-tos for higher gain profiles.