Posts by patrick2099

Just saw this from NAMM 24. Some of these sound more square-ish to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've been using Moog EP-3 for years. There is a pot at the bottom that likes to change positions while packed up (gremlins probably) so I mark that pot and switch positions with a silver paint pen. Other than that, the only issue I had was the cable going bad after several years, but I carry backups.

How do the liquid profiles work for an amp with only one volume control and no gain controls? Does the gain knob just simulate cranking the volume up? I didn't think to test this on your JuMP-50 Plex pack as I was just using the profiles as you made them.

Just loaded 10.2.2.49572 and the performance-skipping-bug using the up/down-buttons on the front-panel is still present.

Thanks for the confirmation. Have you tried slowly going through each slot in the performance before going up and down? That seemed to affect it in the previous version I had. Hadn't done it enough in the current version to know if it's making a difference. Just curious to see if that is working for others and how it may be related to the bug causing the issue.

For those who have not tried the profiles from jsadites I would encourage you to give them a shot. I've found that 1) Jason Sadites has a very good ear for dialing in his profiles 2) many of the packs have liquid profiles (for those amps that have the liquid model channels) and other packs are "Liquid ready" with settings in the PDF for at least one of the profiles that could be made liquid if/when Kemper puts out a corresponding model channel for that amp and 3) he does not overcharge for his profiles. I currently have all of his profile packs except the latest Marshall JCM900, but I'll get around to picking that up soon enough.

Really cool he included the pdf with the settings.

Thanks. I appreciate you getting the browse mode problem resolved for me, which was caused by my misunderstanding of how things worked. The manual is clear on that.

The performance mode issue, however, is still an issue.

Hard to believe I have had this thing for around five years and I didn't know that's how the buttons work. I guess when I'm messing around with new profiles, at home, I am always using Rig Manager to select profiles when I am in Browse Mode. I wanted to demo some new liquid profiles in browse mode and that's where I noticed the issue. I did not realize that's how the buttons worked or that the remote let you choose between scrolling in banks of five or single profiles. Also, just because rig manager is sorted one way, does not mean the toaster is sorted the same way (ascending vs descending).

I really appreciate the help Burkhard !

Problem is still here in the latest release. Also, now Browse mode is skipping large blocks of profiles going up and down. I created a separate thread and ticket for that. Haven't spent a lot of time in performance mode, since I was just messing with Liquid profiles, but hopefully the new OS hasn't introduced more performance mode issues as well.

In Browse mode, my Kemper is skipping some of my newly added profiles when moving up or down. I have the latest release software on it. It looks like the same profiles are skipped when moving down every time. The same profiles are skipped when moving up every time. The profiles skipped moving down are not the same ones skipped moving up though. If I load the profiles in Rig Manager, they all load and work fine.

I have the rigs sorted by Date and All Rigs displaying. If I switch to "Current author", the same rigs get skipped and when all profiles display.

Anyone else seen this on the latest release level OS? Opening a support ticket now.

Did a quick run through many of the Tone Junkie Liquid packs with my effects slot locked and was able to get a lot of good sounds without a whole lot of tweaking on many of them. Some of them I just turned the gain down a little and they sounded nice to my ears with my guitar. Others I had to do a little more tweaking. A few I just didn't like, because I probably just don't like that amp. I've still only had about an hour with these ones, but I think I am going to be happy with them once I get them saved with an effects block I like.

At least for the AC30X and the Deluxe Reverb I was able to quickly get a good tone out of these by setting the effects block locked to something I liked, with my normal low cut and high cut, less reverb, and no delay. After that a quick turn of the dials had these ones sounded good to my ears. I was just looking at the Quick Start ones, so I'm sure there are more I'll like deeper in, but I think if you set the effects block to something you like when auditioning these, it will help you out.

Everyone's gear and ears are different though, so you may still end up not liking them, but one my 2nd run through them, with a little tweaking, I'm pretty happy with at least the AC30X and the Deluxe Reverb. I don't really use Twin or Vibrolux profiles, so I'm not sure what I'd expect them to sound like.

This is exactly how I feel.

What is still missing for me are my personal wishes concerning different sounds which I hope you can fulfill in the near future: Vox AC 30, MB Dual Rectifier and the 5150 - the tone stacks are already there and waiting ;)

I am hoping Bert releases an AC30 pack as well. I have one, so from, from a profiler I use but would like to get Bert's take on it. I really like how you are doing the raw profiles, the Bert's choice/tweaked profiles, and the performances. I haven't had a whole lot of time with the current liquid profiles, since I just did the update yesterday, but so far I really like what I am hearing out of Bert's new ones.

I use this: PYLE Universal Laptop / Device Stand PLPTS3

https://pyleusa.com/products/plpts3

I only use it in my music room and never move it. Similar to the Amazon stand above. It seems pretty sturdy and not prone to tipping even at the height I have it set at. I have the platform at 40" above the floor to make adjustments to the Kemper easy. The only drag was that the upper collar was not strong enough to clamp the tube tight under the weight of the Kemper (powered toaster). It would gradually slip down. Easily solved by setting it to the height I wanted, drilling a small hole in the center pole and then inserting a pin through it.

That one does look very similar to the Amazon one I bought. I didn't have any issues with it not holding the Kemper, but I just didn't like the footprint for smaller stages.