Browse mode skipping profiles when using the buttons on the toaster or remote (solved - user error)

• In Browse mode, my Kemper is skipping some of my newly added profiles when moving up or down. I have the latest release software on it. It looks like the same profiles are skipped when moving down every time. The same profiles are skipped when moving up every time. The profiles skipped moving down are not the same ones skipped moving up though. If I load the profiles in Rig Manager, they all load and work fine.

I have the rigs sorted by Date and All Rigs displaying. If I switch to "Current author", the same rigs get skipped and when all profiles display.

Anyone else seen this on the latest release level OS? Opening a support ticket now.

• patrick2099

Changed the title of the thread from “Browse mode skipping profiles when using the buttons on the toaster” to “Browse mode skipping profiles when using the buttons on the toaster or remote”.
    • Official Post

Not sure, what you are exactly meaning with "moving up or down". This is what the Main Manual says regarding Rig Navigation Cross:

Use this to navigate through the Rigs. Left and right buttons will switch sequentially, while the up and down buttons will change in larger steps. A newly selected Rig is instantly recalled.

So if you for example sort by date, your Rig loaded has creation date June 4th, 2020, and you press the up button of the Rig Navigation Cross, it will skip other Rig created on that date and for example load a Rig created on June 5th, 2020 - the next higher creation date.. If you sort by author, the up button skips Rigs of the same author and jumps to the next author. If you want to move Rig by Rig press the right or left button of the Rig Navigation Cross instead.

And this is, what the manual says regarding the Up/Down Buttons of the Remote:

In Browser Mode, you can step or scroll through Rigs in your browse pool according to the selected View and Sort Order criteria. The option “Group of 5/Single Rig” on page Remote Settings in System Settings determines, if the Up/Down Buttons step through the Rigs individually or by groups of five in Browser Mode.

By default the Bank Up botton moves five Rig forward and therefor skips 4 Rigs. That's the whole idea of a bank. You have got the Rig Buttons 1-5 of the Remote to navigate within the Bank/Performance.

• Hard to believe I have had this thing for around five years and I didn't know that's how the buttons work. I guess when I'm messing around with new profiles, at home, I am always using Rig Manager to select profiles when I am in Browse Mode. I wanted to demo some new liquid profiles in browse mode and that's where I noticed the issue. I did not realize that's how the buttons worked or that the remote let you choose between scrolling in banks of five or single profiles. Also, just because rig manager is sorted one way, does not mean the toaster is sorted the same way (ascending vs descending).

I really appreciate the help Burkhard !

• patrick2099

Changed the title of the thread from “Browse mode skipping profiles when using the buttons on the toaster or remote” to “Browse mode skipping profiles when using the buttons on the toaster or remote (solved - user error)”.