DIY 2 way switch for profiler - $10 in materials

• Instead I would recommend these ones:

taydaelectronics.com/electrome…switch-solder-lugs-2.html

The reason not to use the "soft touch" switches is I found they don't work reliably with the KPA looper functions. Don't know why, but they work fine for all the other functions such as delay infinity / hold, stomp on/off, browse rigs up/down etc. Just don't work properly with the looper start / stop, overdub functions. Whereas the 1PDT switch linked second above do work fine with all the possible functions you might want to assign. Just my personal experience with these.

Did not know that, thanks!

I currently use a Crybaby wah (with a substituted linear pot) as an expression pedal. I'm still thinking about including an on/off switch as well. The momentary button with click might be a nice option, as it gives some tactile feedback.

• Oops - already ordered the parts. Oh well. I'm actually planning to use it for one stomp and also to change rigs, not the looper function. 14 bucks shipped, not too bad.

ugh! sorry I didn't catch your post sooner! But indeed if not using for the looper functions then it's not an issue. The tayda soft touch switches do really have a nice soft touch (very quiet too) and appear to work fine with all other functions except looper.

In any case, I actually prefer using the dedicated remote looper switches rather than external switches, because otherwise you will not be in the looper mode on the remote and can't see the looping progress bar which is handy when overdubbing to a loop with a fairly static chord progression.

• Did not know that, thanks!
    I currently use a Crybaby wah (with a substituted linear pot) as an expression pedal. I'm still thinking about including an on/off switch as well. The momentary button with click might be a nice option, as it gives some tactile feedback.

Yes if you want some tactile feedback then the other switch I linked to (not the soft touch) does has a somewhat similar feel to the KPA remote switches with make an audible "click" when you press them.

• I noticed on the 2nd set of switches you recommended they have 3 solder points instead of the 2 on the original how would you connect the wires in this instance with the 3 prongs would you leave one out?

• Could you adapt the wiring scheme with two led's, resistors, etc.. and one 9V battery ? As the led's will blink when swtiches are turned 'on'..

Thanks in advance.

Tjenne.