Maybe having phasing issues running 2 kempers

• Guys i am running a Morley ABY switch (true by pass non active with no buffer or phasing/ground /isolated transformer) with 2 kempers into 2 stereo FRFR mission cabs, it IS the best sound i have ever heard bar none, lately the first kemper is fading dropping out volumes , i never had this issue to start, not even when i first updated so i am not sure its software problem.

I am going to order a buffered/phase Orange ABY switch (orange amp detonator) to see if that corrects the issue, not sure we would have the same issues as running 2 amps with a signal loss and amps going out of phase. I tried disconnecting my Mimiq , new cables.. nadda... Strange that when i run only one kemper the kemper/mission cab in question has no issues.

Its gotta be the ABY..hmm.
    Will report when i test the orange pedal guys.
    Trouble in paradise :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi Ash, sorry to hear of this.

I have to be honest but the Morley switcher IME hasn't been the greatest of units. I've also used a radial bigshot and didn't like it either. Another was a Art pro aby and it was weak too. My solution was a Lehle Little Dual and Lehle Dual-SGoS - high end stuff.

I have heard good things about the Bones Twin-City ABY Amp Switcher and it's a bit easier on the budget, but never used it personally.

The orange looks promising, I hope it works out for you :thumbup:

• Thanks brother your right it did not last very long i already got a few cleans coming through when switching A/B (Both B and A sounded )
    i LOVE the high end stuff so thank so much man ill check it Lehle Dual-SGoS :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• The Lehle is definitely your best bet, man. The transformer is the key for this kind of thing.

• Thanks a lot guys i just pulled a 650 trigger on the Lehle, if all else fails thank goodness i can check what Michael said as i am running out of ideas, was going to buy a new kemper and give my first one away...okay the Lehle will be here in 2 days and will report , thanks a lot guys :)

Ash

• I do not exactly understanding the setup, but "phasing issues running 2 Kempers" reminds me of "Constant Latency". This same parameter is available in the Output Section as well as in the System Settings.

• @Burkhard I just wanted to thank Burkhard for his great advice as guess what it really was?
    "Constant Latency" !!! :!:

I tried the expensive ABY Switcher (Still killer German gear so all good love it)
    Soon as i switched off "Constant Latency", the issue was back!! :rolleyes:
    So all along, it was that!!, its strange for me i never had that issue before.
    I only have the Ditto X4 looper in the Direct out/FX loop
    Maybe also clean up the rigs in the profiler 1

Burkhard, you sir are a genius
    And thank you very much for your support
    You Fixed it.

Ash