How to Transfer RM Library to New Computer?

• G String, don't know why you trashed my response. My process worked for me ....FACT. Learn to respect others, even if they don't agree with you.

In the event that my process is not supposed to work, consider idiots luck. Either way I have all my profiles and performances from my old PC on my new PC by copying over the the backup file, not folder.

It does seem a bit heavy handed, but you have to consider it might not work for someone taking your advice. Then they might potentially lose their library, which involves a lot of hours fine tuning many profiles.

I too got lucky with various working methods not prescribed for rig manager, but will now follow the recommended methods. I could not afford to lose the live set!

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I trashed your response because it is not that simply. It feels like I've posted at least 10 times that moving folders from one system to the other might not result in what you want to achieve. Rig Manager has a backup function, for exactly the purpose of moving data from one system to another. I've mentioned that in post #11 and also #13.

I did not say to move the folder, in fact I said more than once only move the file itself and then import it. It worked for me, fact. May be you should reread my post as i believe you misread it or misinterpreted it. Chill out dude. We are saying the same process.

• It does seem a bit heavy handed, but you have to consider it might not work for someone taking your advice. Then they might potentially lose their library, which involves a lot of hours fine tuning many profiles.

I too got lucky with various working methods not prescribed for rig manager, but will now follow the recommended methods. I could not afford to lose the live set!

That's why I copied the backup and did not remove it from the old PC. It's on both, works on both. In fact after the adding more profiles to the RM after creating a backup the first time, I repeated the process on the old PC, COPY to thumbdrive, PASTE to the folder created on the new PC when I installed RM on it. For some reason people are reading that I copied the entire RM folder from one PC to the other and that is never what I said!

One more time the BACKUP F-I-L-E from PC 1 was in the naturally generated RM backup folder on PC 2 and then imported. All my profiles I've added for 2 years were there and accessible. If this is not suppose to work, then call it a miracle, because it did work.

Done beating a horse with people that don't read thoroughly. Goosh, just trying to help the OP, not start a thread war.

• I trashed your response because it is not that simply. It feels like I've posted at least 10 times that moving folders from one system to the other might not result in what you want to achieve. Rig Manager has a backup function, for exactly the purpose of moving data from one system to another. I've mentioned that in post #11 and also #13.

Oh G String, reread the thread from the beginning, you trashed me instead of the poster that actually said to move the folder. GOOD JOB representing KEMPER.

• That's why I copied the backup and did not remove it from the old PC. It's on both, works on both. In fact after the adding more profiles to the RM after creating a backup the first time, I repeated the process on the old PC, COPY to thumbdrive, PASTE to the folder created on the new PC when I installed RM on it. For some reason people are reading that I copied the entire RM folder from one PC to the other and that is never what I said!

One more time the BACKUP F-I-L-E from PC 1 was in the naturally generated RM backup folder on PC 2 and then imported. All my profiles I've added for 2 years were there and accessible. If this is not suppose to work, then call it a miracle, because it did work.

Done beating a horse with people that don't read thoroughly. Goosh, just trying to help the OP, not start a thread war.

I am not trying to deny it worked for you, but why test the theory every time there is an update of Rig Manager. It is very easy to use the way described by Kemper.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I am not trying to deny it worked for you, but why test the theory every time there is an update of Rig Manager. It is very easy to use the way described by Kemper.

More about being misquoted due to quoting the wrong poster. Besides if it works it works. Some can use my experiences or not. I just added what worked for me, not the only way to do it. Why someone got offended is not my problem, but don't put words in my mouth. I can get in enough trouble with what I actually say.:)

G String, Karlic, peace out, we're all KPA brothers trying to help each other.<3

PS: I've never lost profiles updating to a new revision of RM or a new OS. Call me fortunate, apparently. Also my approach worked with a new install of RM for the 1st time. My library was empty at that point and brought over from the old PC. Maybe that's why I was able to do it. Now that the new PC is live, I'll be using backups generated on the same PC.