Cab volume ?

• I'm using a QSCk10. How high is the cab volume on your profile if you use FRFR? I have mine about +1 or +2.
    I know I know whatever sounds good to my ears. :) I'm asking aboput your ears. :D
    Thanks

• I normally have the cab volume a lot higher and I reduce the channel volume. Lot better, IMHO

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I am just going to guess so you can have a global volume set and then you have the option to set cab volume to different levels between patches.

Yes, but you also have the option to set the amp volume...

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Check this again. None of these volumes alter the sound.
    There is no need to trade different volume parameters against each other, fortunately.

But they actually act differently, is it right? If I use the amp volume i get to clip the output a lot erlier than using the cab volume (can get clearly louder without clipping). I also have the impression that it sounds more dynamic and "deep" using the cab volume. Am I just dreaming?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You mean the master volume? That migh† change the feel of †he amp as a cranked amp pushes harder on the power tubes. You might be right I am just guessing.

Let's make this straight:
    There are 3 Volumes.
    #1 Master Volume - you control this with the Master Volume knob on the unit; it has no effect on the tone; changes the unit's output level.
    #2 Amp Volume - you control this with the Volume knob on the unit; it has no effect on the tone; changes the current rig's volume.
    #3 Cab Volume - you control this in the Cabinet section; it has no effect on the tone; changes the current rig's volume.

The thing you are talking about is achieveable by the Power Tube Sag parameter in the Amp's settings.

By the way, although ckemper has now confirmed that none of these volumes alter the sound, I have to agree with guitarnet that I also feel the difference between using the Amp or Cab Volume, even in tone - somehow using the Cab Volume makes the tone fatter and more responsive for me.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• By the way, although ckemper has now confirmed that none of these volumes alter the sound, I have to agree with guitarnet that I also feel the difference between using the Amp or Cab Volume, even in tone - somehow using the Cab Volume makes the tone fatter and more responsive for me.

Hmmmmm... I have not noticed this effect at all with the cab volume.
    Will do some testing on this today and report back

• No, I was talking about Master Volume of the amp section. My real Road King sounds different the louder you turn it up, better actually. I believe power sagging reduces power supply voltage which results in a change dynamics/compression.

• Hi
    I gave this CAB Volume issue a try.
    I made to rigs with the same copy (a clean sound)
    I cranked the CAB volume to max and adjusted the RIG volume.
    On the other RIG copy I did the oposite.
    I minimized the CAB volume and cranked the RIG volume to the same output as the first RIG.

I do not hear any difference at all between the two versions.
    Perhaps I will try the same with a distorted sound.

Mike