any downsides to using a Ground Control pro pedal board??

• I just need a pedal board for jamming in my living room, no stage use. Just looking to change rigs easier instead of using the knobs on the Kemper. I can get a Ground Control Pro for a couple hundred bucks so thought I would just go that route over the Kemper remote unless you guys think thats a bad idea. Thank you for any input.

• I guess, it depends on how familiar you are with MIDI. The Remote is plug and play. With the Ground Control you need to open its configuration manual and the MIDI chapter in the Main Manual of the PROFILER, understand the possibilities you have, decide how you want to organize the buttons of the Ground Control and then configure it accordingly: MIDI program changes, perhaps MIDI bank select, MIDI control changes ….

• Previously I have used a Ground Control Pro to control an Axe FX. For the extra money, and a severe reduction in pain, anxiety and headaches, I'd fully recommend getting the purpose built 'Kemper remote'. :)

I digress - If on the other hand, you have future plans to control other similar midi accessible processors, then getting a GCP, would give you an opportunity to get your head around its workings. If not, go for the Kemper remote.

Edited once, last by LiamUK ().

• I have an RJM Mastermind midi controller which works in the same way as the Ground Control. It is massively flexible and can do things the remote can’t if you need to control the KpA and other midi gear together. However, even with the RJM editor and pre assigned midi CC numbers etc it is still a bit of work to get it wrking woth the KPA. In the end I bought a used Remote as well. I now use the Rempte all the time just for ease of use.

• It really depends on what you want the controller to do. If you're just jamming in the living room and don't need displays etc. then you can buy or make simple foot switches to scroll through your favorite rigs. You can also use these simple foot switches to turn some fx on/off. That's simple and cheap.

If you want to dig into midi programming then a controller like the ground control can work like many others.

The Kemper controller will open up the looper options If that matters. You can spend a lot of money on a foot controller but there are some low cost routes if you don't need the bells and whistles.