New User Cab Matching question.

• New user here. Still tweaking and attempting to wrap my head around this thing. My question is regarding live use. If I run my Kemper (powered version) through a Marshall 1960A cab, does it make sense to create all my rigs with that cabinet so the FOH matches more closely with what I'm hearing on stage? Even if, for instance, I'm using a Vox, Mesa, Bogner...whatever rig. Will selecting a Marshall 4X12 cab be the best option for the sake of consistency? Thanks all!

• I have a powered head and the 1960a as well. Even with monitor cab off, I notice a significant difference between what I hear in the studio reference monitors and what comes out of the Marshall. Not surprising, of course. My solution was to buy a DXR10, which should land tomorrow.

That said, it never occurred to me to try what you're suggesting. It would be interesting to hear about your results. I personally didn't monkey around with this because, for instance, lots of the M. Britt profiles use the 3rd Power cabs which I expect is a significant contribution to what I like about them. However, even though I'm moving to an FRFR, it's still an interesting thought experiment.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10