Firth Of Fifth Guitar Solo with Kemper Amp

• Hi All,

I love this solo as many people all around, so I tried to recreate the sounds of Steve Hackett... but when I start searching for it I asked myself ... which era???

Since Steve changed the sound during the years and I loved MANY different sounds I decide to go for the three I liked more, the original studio one, the Live in Budapest 2004 and the Live in Tokyo 1999 (you can easily search for them over the Internet).

Hoping to be useful to someone ... here are the key KEMPER/REMOTE points:

1) to sustain the notes, I used no additional sustainer or similar, only the natural feedback of the Les Paul over the Amp and the "Hold Delay" function for the famous F# long note

2) to obtain the distortion I used a clean amp with a Muff in front of it for the Live version, while for the studio version I used a dirty channel HiWatt and only a boost/EQ before the pre-amp section

3) strong using of morphing feature in all the passages from the “verse” part towards the “chorus” and viceversa

For the Live 2004 and the Studio versions I recorded also two videos over very different backing track (the Live really played by friends of mine and the Studio over a very good backing found on the net), in the Live video I show in which points I used the KPA remote:

Firth Of Fifth LIVE Version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Firth Of Fifth STUDIO Version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On my guitar site there are even more info if you are curious ...

http://www.maurizio70guitarist…kett-firth-of-fifth-solo/