Are you one of these, I'll use my Credit Card to pay and return it in 30 days guys?

• You know what I mean? ...in other words, you're not really paying for it, you're kind of hiring it. :)

You know full well you can't afford to spend $1850.00 on another modeller because you already spent lots of $$$ on another modeller...so you use the Credit Card, buy the KPA, knowing full well you'll be returning it in 30 days.
    Your wife runs the accounts in the house, there's no ways she'll let you spend another $1850. :D

You spend 30 days having great fun with the KPA, you love the tones you're getting, but you have 29 days to convince yourself something is wrong with it, it's still in beta, it doesn't feel 100% like your tube amp, you hate having to wait one minute for it to load up, it doesn't have a PC editor, it crashes occasionally, the FX are ordinary, the preset Profiles are not very good, most of the user Profiles suck, you hate the way it looks even though you have to concede it sounds fantastic with a few of the1500 Profiles, blah blah, etc, etc.

Of course most importantly, you own one, you paid $1850.00 for temporary 30 day ownership, so you now have the 'internet right' to say whatever you like in your reviews. :)

Finally day #29 arrives, now it's time to return it, now you can really blast it in your final review...all this for free, life is good. :D

;) Tongue in cheek. ;)

• Not here, I'm usually the first guy to buy whatever new device that claims to sound like a tube amp, this has been the case for many many years, simply because I need it for my traveling gigs, and I believe as a hired musician I should have the best sound available, after going thru all the Rolands VG-8 etc, H&K, Line 6 etc, i ended up in early 2007 finding out about the AXE FX, That was the most impressive to date and the first time I totally replaced my tube amps live, when the KPA was announced I called my dealer and told them to notify me when it would be available, so as soon as it was available I got one, But I had made it very clear with the salesmen that if it didn't work as advertised it would be returned.. :) Well my 30 days are long gone, and i still have it, I'm still not 100% happy with it, as we all know software needs a lot of work, it's not reliable enough for me to trust it for any live gigs, so i decided to just keep it for studio stuff for now and decide later what to do, I'm not a collector so any gear that has no use for me ends up on Ebay.. we'll see what happens with the KPA hopefully all the bugs will be taking care of in the near future, for the time being I'll keep it for extra sounds in the studio, and continue to use my AXE II for all live work. I couple of my friends , one in Europe and the other in the USA both returned their KPA's and that was due to, too many bugs, they couldn't deal with the bugs, coming straight from tube amps, and not ever having used digital gear, it didn't work fro them, it had nothing to do with $$ and they were both excited about using the KPA, I'm sure eventually they'll buy it again, so I think most returns probably have a lot more to do with that, than people trying to take advantage of the 30 day money back policy just to try stuff..but I could be wrong..

• Nope, not me. I have had the unit for 2 months and I paid cash for it. However, to me it is not fit for purpose owing to the constant crashing and freezing so I'm trying to return it....not because it doesn't sound right, simply because either the hardware is faulty or the software is faulty or a combination of both. I simply cannot put up with a situation where I paid a significant amount of money for a unit that constantly decides it is not going to work !

• for a unit that constantly decides it is not going to work !

Looking at your track record of problems I believe is either hardware either the same corrupted rig as always. The next FW is supposed to fix this corrupt data crash issue, I would give it a try before to decide. up to you....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• That is quite the conspiracy theory, are you talking about the resent thread on TGP or was that just a coincidence?

• I paid on the credit card knowing full well I was going to send it back, it's still here 3 months later! I've sold other items to pay for it because I couldn't live without it.

I had my first gig with it last Saturday and everyone in the band commented on how awesome it sounded and I'm coming from the AxeII. The tones that I was able to get from it inspired me to play better, a great night all round!

I've never had a crash since I did a full midi reset and then a system reset. So happy with it!

Spence

• yes, i paid with credit card
    yes, i had some fun with it
    yes, i had some work with it, profiling amps and giving these profiles to you forum guys
    yes, i was very annoyed by missing features
    yes, i was very annoyed by bugs
    yes, i made quite a few bug reports
    yes, i commented on many threads and started my own thread, being angry and summarizing my thoughts about the kpa
    yes, i returned it because i could not use it live in that "state of development" (february)
    yes, i got my money back since i was very careful with it

am i a bad person?

ps: i think everone who used the gear thoroughly has a right to comment on it. if he paid for it or not.

• Naughty boy! :D
    That you're still hanging here around shows that you're just waiting to have a second run at it. ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I bought with absolutely no intention of returning it, never do. I go for a better price because I don't "buy and try" and would only return if the product was defective in some way.

That said, I did consider returning it as 1.0.5 was really, really bad. But it's still here.

• I don't buy anything with the intention of returning it within 30 days. I always pay by credit card for the obvious protections. I don't have to explain any purchase I make but I would not buy something if I couldn't afford it. I also do as much research as necessary before making any pretty much any purchase. Folks who buy stuff to try it out all the while knowing they cannot afford it or had the intention of returning it in the first place drive the cost up on every product. That said, I have had second thoughts about my leaping in too early with this product. If I had to do it again, I probably would wait until a few of the known issues are shorted out / completed e.g. performance mode, power amp, profile manager etc. I'm still within my 30 days and at this time will not return my Kemper because it sounds and feels very good compared to my 11R and at least for me, I like the work flow and edited is very easy. I also like the look of the Kemper. At least it stands out in a sea of black and orange menu driven boxes. I will say that I hope that the Kemper folks continue to refine and upgrade the existing unit i.e. there isn't a Kemper 2 in the wings that will make my Kemper OBE in the next six months.

• I will say that I hope that the Kemper folks continue to refine and upgrade the existing unit i.e. there isn't a Kemper 2 in the wings that will make my Kemper OBE in the next six months.

+1

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer