Cabinet sound fix in latest FW. How does this affect things?

• I posted this elsewhere but think it got lost in the excitement of the updated: noticed this fix:

fixed: parts of amp sound accidentally bleeding into cabinet sound while AMP module is switched off and CAB module is switched on

Can anyone explain what impact this has?

How will this affect the sound where the KPA was being used with an external preamp (or simulator) bypassing the AMP section but still using the CAB block of the KPA?

I assume (correct me if i assume wrongly) with the regular use of AMP+CAB there should be no noticeable difference with each profiled rig.

If the amp was bleeding into the cab sound this might mean the cab is now a "truer" representation of the actual cab and have an affect the sound if the users selects alternative cabs from their arsenal?

• I have found the error. Here you can read a statement of Mr. Kemper:

Bug in the Kemper cab / stack section

Thanks for pointing that out. I had missed that article.

So if i’ve understood the fix correctly, the sound of amp=off+cab=on will sound different in the new firmware than previous firmware. Interesting as occasionally i use the kpa for “re-cabbing” (using just the cab processing alone with amp section bypassed) how much sonic difference this makes i’ve yet to find out as im still on 5.2 fw

If anyone can comment on the audible difference concerned it would be appreciated.

• Thanks for pointing that out. I had missed that article.

So if i’ve understood the fix correctly, the sound of amp=off+cab=on will sound different in the new firmware than previous firmware. Interesting as occasionally i use the kpa for “re-cabbing” (using just the cab processing alone with amp section bypassed) how much sonic difference this makes i’ve yet to find out as im still on 5.2 fw

If anyone can comment on the audible difference concerned it would be appreciated.

I wanted to use real preamps in 2 cases:

1. Real preamp - Kemper power amp profile - Kemper cab

2. Real preamp - Kemper amp section off - Kemper cab

In the second case the result does / did not sound "right" to me and did sound noticeable different, depending of the used profile (amp part). Even if the amp part was "off", changing the amp part did change the sound. I think most people didn't notice it, because the cab part does the most colouring and they did not change the amp part - so they thought it is the sound of the cab only, what they are hearing. But there was the amp part bleeding in even though it was turned "off".