Powered Rack Question

• I am using my Kemper powered Rack at home with my 4X12 Cab w/ V30’s connected to the 600watt output.

I would like to get a powered full range speaker and connect it to the unpowered output on the rack so I can use it for profiles from rig manager and purchased rig packs.

Will I be able to MUTE my 4X12 cab to play through the powered full range speaker and vice versa - play through my 4X12 cab while muting the full range?

Can this be controlled through Kemper rack settings?

- Thanks in advance!

• You can use it through your 4x12 for any type of profile. All you should do is to disable the cab sim for the monitor out (i think) output which is in the system setting (i think).

This will make sure that for plugging a regular guitar cab into the power head, you don't get a cab sim for the profile running into an actual guitar cab. This wont cause any harm, but its generally not the preferred thing to be doing.

Disabling the cab sim means you get the profile going direct to your guitar cab. Your guitar cab would add its own 'colour' to the amp profile.

If you did want to use a guitar cab AND a powered full range cab, you can change the settings so that the master volume only controls the volume for monitor out (which is the input section for your guitar cab), but doesn't alter the volume for the main outs (where you would connect a full range cab (i think)).

This way you can use the volume control on the full range cab for that on its own, and use the master volume on the Kemper to change volume independently for the regular guitar cab.

Hope that answers the question?

• Yes (sorry for the delay in getting back to you). This part especially :

"If you did want to use a guitar cab AND a powered full range cab, you can change the settings so that the master volume only controls the volume for monitor out (which is the input section for your guitar cab), but doesn't alter the volume for the main outs (where you would connect a full range cab (i think)).

This way you can use the volume control on the full range cab for that on its own, and use the master volume on the Kemper to change volume independently for the regular guitar cab."

Right now I am using a 4X12 with the cab sim off- but for profiles like Top Jimmy etc . I wouldn't want my 4X12 coloring the sound. I mean I could plug a non powered full range into the powered out on the kemper but I thought it would be cool to be able switch from the 4X12 to full range on the fly.

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated

Yes sir The part where you talk about changing settings to control volumes is what I was trying to figure out.

• The speaker output has the sim in or out.

The main output has the sim on all the time as its often used to connect to a PA system.

I often use a 4 x12 cab live and take an unpowered feed from the main output to a PA. In your case, a powered FRFR speaker replaces the PA.

Just unlink volumes as well...