Alternate Input and MP3

• Hello!

I have now installed a wireless system in my rack. As connection I use the "Alternate Input". Simply a great opportunity, because there are no more cables at the front and the front entrance can still be used as a "master".

Unfortunately, it is now that the feeding of an MP3 is no longer possible. That means I am forced to use the front entrance instead of the very practical Alternate, if I want to have an MP3 signal added.

My question:

Would it be possible, e.g. the XLR, which I theoretically could use as a stereo input to prove via a software circuit so that a play is possible? So at the point "Input" - "Input Source" just "MP3 over XLR" or something. Since it is not a switch, but a generator (I think that's the name of it), there is nothing mechanically in the way. But I'm not an electronics engineer and I do not know if that's possible. Do you think of something? ;-)?

Thanks and best regards

Peter

• I have the same issue, although I connected to the front some time ago ( I think it sounds better).. I made a custom cable using George L's right angled and feed through my rack. There is just enough play in case I have to pull out a lead and go wired...