Talkbox question

• I've got a query for the hive-mind. I use a talk box on stage and I'm trying to find a way to get the Kemper to be functional with it. My problem is getting an output signal (monitor out seems logical) to the external power that runs the talkbox and muting the feed to the main output. Is there a way to program the footswitch to do this? Can you use the A/B in a performance to change output routing? Or program profile in a performance to rout to monitor out only? Thoughts?

• You could use an Effect Send to send signal to it.

I can see that working and being able to switch on a loop to send the signal to the talkbox but don't see how I can mute the main out at the same time as I don't want to have both running at the same time.

• Interesting; I've always had to use the Talkbox (Dunlop) in the monitor output, as I'm the only guitarist; if I engage the Talkbox to stop the sound from teh Kemper, the sound goes very 'empty'. I found that if you have the Talkbox and Kemper output together, it sounds a lot fatter.

This thread has made me think about changing this though, so that the output of the Kemper is reduced when the Talkbox is engaged.

• Interesting; I've always had to use the Talkbox (Dunlop) in the monitor output, as I'm the only guitarist; if I engage the Talkbox to stop the sound from teh Kemper, the sound goes very 'empty'. I found that if you have the Talkbox and Kemper output together, it sounds a lot fatter.

This thread has made me think about changing this though, so that the output of the Kemper is reduced when the Talkbox is engaged.

I agree that the sound of just a talkbox can be thin, compared to with an amp sound, particularly for rhythm parts. But, melodic "talking" parts sound better to me without the competing amplifier sound. So, I use mine both ways - Talkbox only, and Talkbox + Kemper.