Skype sound issues

• Hi I am taking Skype lessons and run my Kemper through a Scarlett 2I2 into my Mac. The problem I am having is this. I jack out IEM's from the Scarlett and hear everything just fine. My teacher says he only hears me acoustically and although that works for the lesson he cannot hear any effects from the Kemper. He is using a Scarlett 8I8 and I hear his effects fine ( He is also using a Kemper) so I'm confused as to what the issue is on my end. Am I missing a setting or connection? I am running out of the left output on the Kemper into the Scarlett and of course connected via USB to the Mac. I have IEM's connected at the Scarlett. I am using Ladiocast to route sound and have a mic for vocal audio from the webcam. Thanks for the help!

• I was going to mic into the Scarlett on the right side, but didn't work the way I wanted. So I went back to Stereo output. However the Scarlett 2I2 only sends in mono. So I have to use Ladiocast and Sunflower to route both outputs through the left channel. I will see how that goes and if not I'll switch to Master Mono. Will setting Master Left accomplish the same thing?

• It’s a problem of how Macs handle multiple inputs I think. I had the same issue trying to use QuickTime for video with audio from the Kemper. I also had problems when trying to set up my Mac to run RoomEQ Wizard to analyse the response of the room. I used to need to use Sunflower too but I don’t anymore. I can’t remember how I set it last time but I do remember it was a right royal pain in the backside.

Are you using the Macs internal mic for talking to your teacher? Try using a separate mic through the Scarlett instead as it seemed to be the internal mic that causes the conflict.

Hopefully another Mac user can enlighten us both ?