Which Profile Type For Kone Imprints

• If you are super concerned about having the same tone as the audience are hearing you would use FR mode rather than imprint mode. Imprints are specifically designed to give you the guitar cab on stage sound which has never been the sound the audience hear anyway. Usually, they would have been hearing your Marshall/Mesa/etc with an SM57 or E609 in front of it while you were hearing the speaker on stage without the mic. There was always a disconnect. FR studio profiles fixed that by letting us hear exactly what the audience were hearing. The problem was that lots of guitarist didn’t like what the audience were hearing and wanted to get back to the old situation. It’s a funny old world we live in ?

• I was using FR but for my monitoring but I do like the Imprint sound a bit better. The FR is still good, just not so "live".

Its tricky as I play a mix of gigs (well I did), small and large so how the kit is used varies. Sometimes just backline, sometimes through the PA monitoring with IEMs, sometimes both etc.