Are the orange buttons buggy or am I missing something?

• New KPA user here. Definitely having a love/hate relationship with it as of this point, and most of the hate portion is frustration with Rig Manager. Trying to understand how it works. I've read the manual, which is frankly horrible. The main manual for the KPA is great, but the Rig Manager manual is a different story. I'm on Win 10 version 3.0.120.16236.

Here are some of the confusion around the orange buttons on bottom right, specifically "Store Rig in Local Library", "Store Rig in Profiler", and "Store Rig".

1. "Store Rig in Local Library" is always lit up, as if I need to do this. After selecting any rig...anywhere...this button is always lit up. I would think this button only lights up if you are browsing a rig somewhere on the Rig Exchange, but no mater what I do, this button is active. If I do click it, such as from a folder within the Local Library, it simply takes what I'm working on and copies it up to the parent, out of all the folders. Aren't the folders part of the Local Library? Why is this button always lit up?
    2. "Store Rig" is almost always lit up as well. If I select any rig in my local library, this button is perpetually lit up orange, except for immediately after I click it (after making some changes) and then it goes dark, along with 'Store Rig in Profiler'. (Yes, 'Store Rig in Local Library' stays orange, as mentioned above.)

With these issues, its almost impossible to at a glance know what the status is of the rig you are on? Does it need to be saved? Is it stored locally or not? While I love the tones of the KPA (got it as I was unhappy with Bias FX and AmpliTube tones), this is the worst software I've ever used. It is really taking away from my enjoyment of my Kemper. I am mostly sitting in front of my computer, as I'm working with Reaper and other plugins, so was really looking forward to controlling the KPA primarily from this software.

• The button light up when Rig Manager wants to signal you that there is a change to the Rig you edit which might need to be stored. Depending on the Profiler OS you're using, there are situations where a button will light up for no apparent reason.

if you like, contact support and we go through a couple of things. I know what you describe was an issue which we addressed in an upcoming version. It would be interesting to see if we have fully solved it.

best, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks whippingpost. Will probably do this weekend, as working now. I didn't sleep well last night, and woke up around 4:30 AM this morning, and had nothing else to do so started playing around, really focusing on trying to get some rigs I liked dialed in. While I was successful...I think...(I would turn off the Kemper, close Rig Manager, then turn the Kemper back on, and then open Rig Manager, to confirm things were indeed saved as I thought they should be)...my frustration and confusion grew. I'm pretty sure I will grow to love it, as the tones so far are indeed way better than anything else I've heard. I live in an apartment and can't be loud. To record, so far I've mic'd my Katana Artist while on .5 watts, used the direct out on it, same with a Tech 21 amp...used VST plugins...the KPA is definitely far superior to all of those. I also really love the physical layout and design of the toaster. Only took an hour or two to get it, and now it makes so much sense. Just wanting the RM to get better.