I saw another post about this topic, but it was old and recommended to make a new thread.
I received my Remote from Sweetwater back in January/2020, it works great and have had no issues. However, I recently tried to unplug the Ethercon (armored RJ45) connector from the back of the Remote for the first time and it simply will not come out..
- I am holding the push-button in all the way, the entire time
- It seems to slide out about 1/4" but will not come out the rest of the way
- I've used reasonable force in an attempt to remove it, but it is stuck fast.
- I've unscrewed the the black end-cap of the connector and pulled on the cable a little. but it will not slide through (the RJ45 is front fed most likely)
So, I can most likely live with this, as I am going to mount the Remote in a PedalTrain Novo 24" (holds Remote & 2 Mission Exp's). But ideally I would like to have that option of disconnecting it, if for any reason I would need to do so.
My questions are:
- Have any of you experienced this with latest run of connectors/Remotes?
- I'm guessing the cable manufacturer goofed and did not remove the plastic tab on the RJ45 male end?
- Does the internal guts of female connector have any accessibility (opening up the Remote of course) to attempt inserting something to depress the RJ45 tab?
The other post had tales of RMA and sending back to Germany, I really want to avoid that as I use the Remote regularly.