Need help setting up rig switching with a TRS switch

• I have a TRS switch very similar to the official Kemper 2 Way Switch and I'm looking to set it up for switching rigs, my issue is that in Performance Mode it also changes performances if you hit rig down when on rig 1. I found this thread where someone is having the same issue but it looks like no one had a solution at that time.

Rig up/down while in performance should not ever change performance

The way I use my Kemper to perform is that I use a single clean rig with a pedalboard, and very rarely want to be able to switch to one other rig. Ideally I'd love to set up one of the switches to swap between rig A and rig B like a channel switch on a real amp, leaving the second switch for something like tuner on, or a global mute, but as far as I know this isn't possible. My other idea was like mentioned in the previous thread, set up the switch to do rig down and rig up, but lock it to a single performance so that i can only ever change between the two rigs (or if I ever decided to add more rigs to the performance move up and down between all 5, but ONLY those 5.) My final idea was to set it up so that button 1 always sends a command to change to rig 1, and button 2 always changes to rig 2, like a super tiny version of the 5 switches on the kemper remote, but again this is either impossible because I'm using TRS and not MIDI, or I just don't know what settings to change.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to accomplish the setup I'm going for?

• Rig Up/Down steps through all Rigs in Browser Mode and all enabled Slots in Performance Mode in a linear fashion. That is intentional. People not owning a Remote nor a MIDI foot controller using such a basic double switch to change Rigs/Slots would have no other way to change Performances. Normally the other PEDAL socket is reserved for an expression pedal.

If you just need one Rig plus a Tuner function to mute the signal, then assign the Tuner function to one of your analog switches instead of Rig Up/Down. By default Mute Signal is enabled while Tuner Mode gets activated.

• Rig Up/Down steps through all Rigs in Browser Mode and all enabled Slots in Performance Mode in a linear fashion. That is intentional. People not owning a Remote nor a MIDI foot controller using such a basic double switch to change Rigs/Slots would have no other way to change Performances.

This totally makes sense for why Rig Up/Down does what it does, but is there no way to set up a rig A/B switch with a TRS? I know there wouldn't be the ability to change performances but for some people (like me) that's exactly the point. Sounds like I might need to build a MIDI pedal to do what I'm trying to do.

• You can either use MIDI to toggle between two Rigs practically toggling two MIDI program changes or two MIDI control changes (#50-54)..

Or you use Morphing within the same Rig, which can be triggered with one analog momentary switch (normally open).