Powered Kemper Kone Cab with 600w Mono/Stereo/bridgeable amp

• I remember reading somewhere that the 600w Ice power amp in the toasters and rack are a bridged design and could be made into a stereo amp? I would enjoy a Kemper 1x12 powered cab with a higher powered amp having a stereo amp with a bridgeable option. This way you could use it 600w into the 1 x 12 or use it 300w stereo powering the internal 1x 12 and another passive cab either a pair of Kones with imprints or use it with 1 Kone cab / imprinted and one normal passive guitar speaker cab. Perhaps cab specific impedance options? Any additional outputs and switches needed to make this happen could be built into the powered cab?

• Here is a company (British Audio) that mods the current Power head's from Kemper and converts them from 600w mono to 300w per side stereo. So it can be done using the existing amp. I think it's the perfect time for Kemper to make this mod a stock feature. It would also solve the problem others seem to be having with the current 200w powered Kone cab's which some have reported not be loud enough.

https://britishaudio.com/produ…-300w-stereo-modification

"This modification takes your mono 600W amplifier and converts it into 2 x 300W amplifiers with Left and Right outputs. We take care of your rear panel as well."

• Here is a company (British Audio) that mods the current Power head's from Kemper and converts them from 600w mono to 300w per side stereo. So it can be done using the existing amp. I think it's the perfect time for Kemper to make this mod a stock feature. It would also solve the problem others seem to be having with the current 200w powered Kone cab's which some have reported not be loud enough.

https://britishaudio.com/produ…-300w-stereo-modification

"This modification takes your mono 600W amplifier and converts it into 2 x 300W amplifiers with Left and Right outputs. We take care of your rear panel as well."

I've always wondered why the powered models weren't stereo, so this would be very cool.

As to users saying 'not loud enough', I think that's been demonstrated to be a settings issue as opposed to a physical limitation.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• That is interesting. But more expensive than adding a powered Kabinet.

Not if you were going stereo. Currently the powered cab cost $380 more than the un-powered cab. What I am suggesting is adding the same power amp which is currently used in the power heads which cost $426 more than the un-powered toaster. If that amp was modded to be able to use it mono bridged or stereo that would actually could be a cheaper solution than using two power cabs.

• Not if you were going stereo. Currently the powered cab cost $380 more than the un-powered cab. What I am suggesting is adding the same power amp which is currently used in the power heads which cost $426 more than the un-powered toaster. If that amp was modded to be able to use it mono bridged or stereo that would actually could be a cheaper solution than using two power cabs.

I have a powered rack and one unpowered cab. To go stereo, I would need only a powered Kabinet at $789.

Otherwise, a second unpowered Kab for $480 and the stereo amp for $399 = $879 <--- more expensive plus you loose warranty??

I'm pretty sure my math works.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have a powered rack and one unpowered cab. To go stereo, I would need only a powered Kabinet at $789.

Otherwise, a second unpowered Kab for $480 and the stereo amp for $399 = $879 <--- more expensive plus you loose warranty??

I'm pretty sure my math works.

What I was pointing out with the British Audio mod is that it is possible to convert the existing Kemper / Ice power amp from mono to stereo. Its not a replacement. It also appears this could have been done originally by Kemper with a slightly different design and an extra output jack. I think they really missed the mark by making their power heads a bridged design and I think they missed a lot of sales too. I certainly would have bought the powered version if it had been a stereo powered head! Hypothetically, if that had been done at the factory, you wouldn't have lost any warranty and you would have been able to save a lot of money having the ability of using 2 passive cabs for stereo instead of what you suggested.