Looking for clarification on Stomps I am not familiar with.

• There are three stomps in the Kemper effects list I do not yet understand how to apply them. Shaper, Pitch Shifter (less Transpose and Pedal Pitch) , and Effect Loop.

Shaper - I read in manual that Hendrix used an Octavia (Octa Shaper?) for Purple Haze but I thought is was a Fuzz pedal. It's that the way to apply the shaper - to get sort of a fuzzed distorted sound that's kind of choppy?

Pitch Shifter - Any examples of the Chromatic and Harmonic pitch in use by a musician or genre?

Effect Loop - Only experience I had with a loop is the effects loop in a tube amp. Does this implement another effects loop in the rig to add stomps that will behave as if the are loaded into the Effects block on the profiler?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Effect loop is for bringing outboard pedals into the chain. Just like a tube amp.

So you use the send --- return on back of the kemper as a loop, but instead of using a switch (like in Input settings page) to engage it, you place the Effect Loop stomp module in X to engage it?

• So you use the send --- return on back of the kemper as a loop, but instead of using a switch (like in Input settings page) to engage it, you place the Effect Loop stomp module in X to engage it?

Yep. Then that stomp/effect slot can be switched on or off like any other. You can place it anywhere.

I run three dirt pedals in a loop. Late last year, I added a small, 3 loop midi switcher so I can select the one(s) I want. (this only works in performance mode).

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I came across this vid of Frampton having a Pitch Shifter but I've never heard it used in any of his songs.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.