I am thinking about choosing an audio interface for the kemper stage.

• First of all, I hope you understand that I am using a translator because I am not good at English.

I bought a kemper stage this time. Fantastic sound and convenience, everything is satisfactory.

As a result, the id4mk2 audio interface I used started to be unsatisfactory.

So I'm thinking about an audio interface that costs about $500 (500,000 Korean won)

The first thing I thought of was id14mk2. I am satisfied with the great performance and convenience I felt in id4. If you send the camper sound in stereo and connect the camper's di to the ts terminal on the front, it seems to be possible to secure the di channel as well.

However, the unfortunate thing is that there is no preamp bypass function, so the sound of the kemper has to go through the preamp once more,

In the case of id14mk2, it is not possible to use sdpif directly because it is an optical terminal.

(In the case of using a converter, I heard problems with sound quality or noise)

The next thing I thought of was the id22, which can be obtained cheaply second-hand, performance, and a send-return jack to bypass the mic preamp and have a di channel.

However, it is not clear how much the sound quality will increase when the kemper is input as a return, and it is difficult to obtain information because it seems that no one is using the camper with the return of id22.

(I wonder if there will be a rise in sound quality enough to feel it)

But when I think about it, the place where I can hear my guitar sound other than the guitar recording is my church, and I am worried that there is no big difference from using a mic pre because it eventually enters the pa through the stage box.

(If there is an expert, I will convert the guitar sound to a line, but unfortunately there is no such expert because it is a small church)

Black Lion's Revolution was also considered, but there were many criticisms about its performance, so it was excluded.

In the case of Scarlett 2i2, there is sdpif, but I excluded it due to performance issues because I record vocals and acoustic guitars in addition to guitar recording.

Most of the models higher than this cost $700 or more, so it is difficult to purchase with my wallet.

If there is an audio interface that goes well with the camper, which can be purchased for less than $500, please recommend it.

Thanks for the help and your advice will save my troubles.

• Motu has a nice one with SPDIF for about $595US - Motu MK5 Ultralite. The reviews are outstanding on it. I might upgrade my M4 for it.

Then you have the Focusrite 18i8. The 4i4 does not come with SPDIF. The Behringer U-Phoria might be a nice one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Motu has a nice one with SPDIF for about $595US - Motu MK5 Ultralite. The reviews are outstanding on it. I might upgrade my M4 for it.

Then you have the Focusrite 18i8. The 4i4 does not come with SPDIF. The Behringer U-Phoria might be a nice one.

I also heard about the Motu MK5 Ultralite. At first, I wanted to purchase this model, but now I know that the mk5 cannot be imported in Korea, and it will be possible to import it domestically until next year. Most companies don't have stock either.

When I inquired at the shop I used, they wanted to recommend the mk5, but they said it was out of stock and that it would be almost impossible to get it in Korea now.

He said that the best model of the audio interface available now is the id14mk2.

So it's even more worrisome.

• Yes. Stock supply is a big issue in the US too. All this COVID mess has everything backed up. You may be limited to what you can get right away.

And welcome to the forums!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Id14, I suppose you are talking about Audient ID14? This interface is fine and there won't be any "degradation of sound quality" or noise whether you use the preamps or a converter to go SPDIF. I wouldn't worry about changing interface if you have an ID14 because nothing in it's price range (and quite a bit above) will make your sound any better. Save your money.

• Yes. Stock supply is a big issue in the US too. All this COVID mess has everything backed up. You may be limited to what you can get right away.

And welcome to the forums!

Id14, I suppose you are talking about Audient ID14? This interface is fine and there won't be any "degradation of sound quality" or noise whether you use the preamps or a converter to go SPDIF. I wouldn't worry about changing interface if you have an ID14 because nothing in it's price range (and quite a bit above) will make your sound any better. Save your money.

Thanks for your replies. Hope you are healthy and safe