My Second Song Mix!

• Ibot39 I would like you to post those first mixes you made so I can critique them. :P

Seriously, I am thinking I should take it all down to basics and do the next mix with only a mono tracked guitar. Then I can just focus on mixing that against a single bass track and drums. I can keep the mix short and not pay attention to mixing a full length song just yet ?? This way I can do one mix per week and still maintain my practice schedule.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Chris Duncan  Ibot39  whippinpost91850  Gary_W  Franjoe30

I think I solved the bass EQ issue. When I mixed this it was at talking volume --after I had forgotten to switch my Subwoofer crossover back down to 80Hz. I know what you are going to say "why in the hell are you using a subwoofer for mixing?" I had the Subwoofer in Extended range mode when I listening to youtube playback videos to get some thump for fun. When I cranked up my monitors today to record a new mix my walls were vibrating. I was like WTF? Then I remembered I left the crossover on. Oh well. Live and learn.

Not so say acoustic padding won't help but that subwoofer definitely trapped me up. We'll see on the next mix.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.