profiles for pop punk

• Hi guys,

I am using the kemper for guitars recordings and I was wondering if some of you use the kemper to record pop punk. I am looking for profiles that would fit the mix without any major drastic EQ moves, so almost "mix ready" profiles. Please do not mention the john feldmann packs by STL that is really bad in my opinion. So far I have been using the STL kris crummet and dan korneff packs but I am looking for other options (and specific profiles if possible). I am not looking for amp suggestion but specific profiles/packs.

Thanks

• I like to use the JMP 2203 by Liam Thompson from the Rig Exchange at the moment (if you want a modded Marshall Sound).

Great alternative for me is the Ritual Studios Silver Jubilee Pack (after turning down the gain and disabling the tube screamer). Used it live a few times last year when concerts were possible...

Also I got nice results by changing the cabs with a Ownhammer IR of my choice (Heavy Hitters Collection or the MRCB Standard with v30s. It's a rabbit hole...), but lately I'm always using the two mentioned above.

What amp are you looking for? Mesa Boogie, JCM800, Orange (to name the typical choices)?

• "Pop Punk' is a pretty generic term and I doubt has profiles and/or profile packs dedicated to it specifically. Is there a specific band you want to cop? Might have better luck searching for that. I would think the typical grindy "Marshall" rock type tone should apply to 90% of this style of music.

Just my worthless 2 cents'

Hope you find what you're looking for. 8):thumbup:

• hey I know this is super late, but I thought I would reply anyways.

Check out Gold Lion Studios. The owner, Max, sells a ton of Kemper profiles. I was on the fence about whether to purchsae any, and I sent him a message on facebook describing the kinds of tones I was looking for. He was able to recommend a few different profile packs that he had and sent me a few profiles for free so that I can try them out for myself. They were exactly what I was looking for.

If you have the money, it's absolutely worth buying the bundle with all of his profile packs. But this does cost about $100 or so. I'm stingy as hell, and never imagined I would spend that much all at once on profiles. In case you are wondering, if he puts out any new packs after you purchase all of the profiles, he will send you an email with a free download link (this isn't a lifetime deal or anything, but he will at least hook you up with the next couple of packs that he puts out).

If you are on a tight budget, that's understandable. I highly recommend two profile packs in particular, if you want a great 90s pop punk/ skate punk kind of tone. The Marshall JMP Mk2 Master Model pack is excellent, especially if you wanna go for something with higher treble. If you need something a little thicker (more chuggin/ palm mutes), you cannot go wrong with the Dual Rectifier pack.

I discovered Gold Lion about 3 or 4 years ago, and they are still my favorite profiles to this day. Trust me; Max is your guy.