Kemper Powerhead to Yamaha HS7

• Hello all,

I have just bought a pair of yamaha hs7 frfr. before to start, I would lıke to ask you what would be the best option to connect them to Kemper. My goal is right now Just to hear my kemper from yamaha hs7 pairs.

Is ıt the best to connect Main XLR Left Right to yamaha Hs7 XLR Left Right or with TS cable ?

I have one monitor output from Kemper. Does it mean I cant use my yamaha hs7 pairs to monitor output of kemper? Can I use only one yamaha hs7 to monitor output ?

what would you choose as the best?

• Yes I was thinking XLR, too..Do I need to check somewheres for limiting volumes/sounds not to burn FRFRs? ..to be honest, It will be used in home purpuses but Sometımes I can try hıgh levels at home,too

• Nothing special to worry about. Just use common sense.

I would probably tick the -12db output box. Turn the master volume on the Kemper down. Set the volume on the HS7 around half and just turn the kemper volume up to taste. If it isn’t loud enough then increase the HS7 volume a little at a time. I was round at my mates recently and he had HS8 running from his DAW plus a valve amp and two 4x12 cabinets running. The the HS8 were plenty loud enough.

• As a general rule when you connect and setup active speakers:

1. Turn the volume knobs on the back of the speakers ALL the way down before you hook up cables and switch it on!!!!

2. Set the output level of the Profiler (e.g. Main Outputs) to maximum (0.0dB).

3. Use the built-in Looper and have some loud and heavy powerchord loop with a good amount of lowend.

4. Now start adjusting the volume knobs on your speakers to what you feel will be the loudest you want to ever go and still be safe for the speakers.

Once this is done you have managed basically 2 things at once:

1. You have minimized the necessary amount of amplification in the active speakers (saves quite a bit of energy as well)

2. You can now reduce volume with the MAIN OUTPUT setting but you can never accidently go higher and blow your speakers.

• Thank you very much guys...to be honest, i was disappointed for long time with kemper tones, i had bought plenty of profiles pack over the net..and i couldnt get the sound that i want with kemper cabinet..but obviously, with FRFR all is changed, and sounds awsome with all ...so my style i guess it will be always with FRFR and kemper, not the cabinets..i am really happy now