AXE user looking to try this thing out...

• Gainfreak, I see you're online now, probably writing stuff that'll lead to less money in my pocket! :) I could have demoed a Kemper today at a dealer near me. I literally fought off the urge and did yard work. I've got two Eleven Racks. Can I sell them for enough for a Kemper lol. Actually, I LOVE Eleven Rack. I play in a cover band and the 11R is a beautiful, fantastic tool.

OK, let's hear more about the Kemper that's in my future. 8o - that's me waiting lol.

Here is something that has saved my ass over the years... If you are Happy with the 11 racks and get tones that you dig, then don't give into temptation/ gas and stick to what is working for you. Whenever you switch to something else it will cost you time and money... trust me I know lol. I was not 100% in love with my AXE-FX ULTRA after 2 years of gigging with it. so that is why I went back to tube amps. I started to get the digital bug again because we I started playing a lot of gigs local and national and l realized that the setup and breakdown time doubled when I went back to my tube amp rig. In other words, I'm getting lazy in my old age, so I decided to look into digital again. I incorperated a Digitech GSP1101 into my rig and it works great with my amps but still had that Direct sound, So I decidd if I'm going to make life easier, I wanted a device that could go direct and not sound direct, so given that I did not want to go back to the axe-fx I started looking into the Kemper.
    without trying to give you gas , the kemper is working bigtime for what I want. I know the AXE-fx would work to, bujt Im finding that the Kemper is giving me the tones that I want much easier and I don;t have to program a sound and hope for best / almost get there. it is my sound because I can profile my amp.
    Here is the deal for me, I don't want to sound like an AXE-FX basher. It's an amazing piece of gear and would suite some people better for sure, but for the sounds I dig, this is it for me and so far I'm pretty freaking impressed ;)

• Kick ass Ralph....good to see you here...I switched to the KPA two months ago and have been a happy camper ever since. FTR though I had an Axe Standard for 3 years and loved it to death. I never bonded with the Axe 2 though.....I was already 1 month into my KPA when I tried out the 2.....it was too late... :D

But I still have much respect for Fractal Audio products.....great stuff..

Wassup Brother!! Good to be here! Im in the same boat as you. I have much respect for the FAS but Im finding that the Kemper is working better for the applications I use. Ive already nailed all of my crazy processed 80's tones ahahahahahahah! Now I need to profile my amps and call it a day!
    Great time for guitarist 8) :thumbup:
    Hope all is well!!
    ~R~

• Really happy to follow this thread and your progression from Kemper baby to full grown man. I also am a former Axe Standard and II user. I have nothing but respect for the Axe and what Cliff has created. But these days the KPA is my goto. It just works. Period. I was a bit frustrated with some things at first because I was stuck in the Axe paradigm. Once I let go of the tweaking and realized good tone did not require the complexity of the Axe patches I was building, it just clicked.

I have at least 100 profiles that I love. Not just dig, but LOVE. There are another few hundred that are just plain superb. A lot of them come from And44 but lots also come from regular old folks just posting free amps on the exchange. The KPA is a great box with a great community and team behind it. I wish you lots of luck on your journey.

• Wassup Brother!! Good to be here! Im in the same boat as you. I have much respect for the FAS but Im finding that the Kemper is working better for the applications I use. Ive already nailed all of my crazy processed 80's tones ahahahahahahah! Now I need to profile my amps and call it a day!
    Great time for guitarist 8) :thumbup:
    Hope all is well!!
    ~R~

Cool man......glad you're having fun.....post up those profiles when you do 'em.... :thumbup:

• Really happy to follow this thread and your progression from Kemper baby to full grown man. I also am a former Axe Standard and II user. I have nothing but respect for the Axe and what Cliff has created. But these days the KPA is my goto. It just works. Period. I was a bit frustrated with some things at first because I was stuck in the Axe paradigm. Once I let go of the tweaking and realized good tone did not require the complexity of the Axe patches I was building, it just clicked.

I have at least 100 profiles that I love. Not just dig, but LOVE. There are another few hundred that are just plain superb. A lot of them come from And44 but lots also come from regular old folks just posting free amps on the exchange. The KPA is a great box with a great community and team behind it. I wish you lots of luck on your journey.

I agree with you 100%. I think both the Axe and the Kemper have their strengths and it's up to the consumer to make an intelligent decision as to what would work best for them.

As a previous owner of an Axe-fx Ultra, I'm totally sold on the Kemper and If the Kemper would have been released at the same time the Axe was, I would have most definitely tried both and more then likely would have wound up with the Kemper. I say that only because the Kemper offers exactly what I NEED and want from a modeler and I'm sure that the Axe would suit others. As with any piece of gear It's all about using what works best for you.

With that said, I'm pretty blown away by this thing so far. 8)