Bass rig for live setting without a suitable PA

• Looking for advice on how to best use the kemper Stage in a live setting while playing bass. I intended to use the P.A. but since joining a punk band the venues suck and can't handle bass. I tried using my Gallen Kruger RB-400 using the line in feature and bypass the amp, but I did find the speakers and or the amp coloured the sound and didn't make it sound pleasant. I feel like buying a Kemper Cone set up would distort those speakers at the high bass volumes. I have had success at band practising using a 50watt powered monitor from Yorkville, but the speaker does distort (and fart) at those high end bass tones.

• Hi, using your RB400 plug the Kemper monitor output into the effects return on the RB400. That way you are bypassing the RB400 pre-amp. Then turn the option on the Kemper to turn off the cabinet on the monitor output. Then plug your RB into a bass cabinet and rock out.

Yes the bass cabinet will colour your sound as it will be the sound of that cabinet. Try different cabinets to find a suitable setup. Not all cabinets are created equal. Also use the EQ in your monitor outputs to dial in for the room you play.

If you still prefer the sound of the PA monitor, try adding a small sub to go along with it to handle the low end.

• I playa bit of bass through my Kemper powerhead straight into a 1x15 (i have two, one has a Yamaha speaker from a bass combo the other is a Jbl allegedly not great for bass, k130 , but its actually great as well!) so maybe (I assume you have non powered) you just want a sterile power amp to feed directly into your existing amps speaker if the option above doesn’t work. I read elsewhere on here the Kemper cabs aren’t suitable (possibly not even recommend by Kemper?) for bass.