Posts by Dunxy951

Few hours later, yup its great, best tone ive ever heard out of my pair of cheap ass headrushes! Only tried 2 profiles, a jtm45 and FAN "BM" (side note, i hate the way some profiles are labelled, to me theres more than one "fan" amp that could be a BM... must be a better way) and i spent my time on the latter, to be expected for my tastes. Took me under a minute to dial in what i wanted with just the front knobs.

Ive not had any chance do a lot yet(been out 12 hours today, just having a fiddle while i partake in a refreshing beveridge) but im only seeing one stereo output from kemper, not sure what im doing wrong? Do i need to convert the input channels to output or something to get two pars into my daw?

Can you guys give me your feel and why you'd choose an active pickup, I never tried them : I see most metal players use them, but what's the point please ?

I chose them for the exact reason the metal players use them, lowest possible noise. As others mentioned they aren’t the same as normal pickups for clean to overdriven tones, passive is king there. My normal Tele is simply to noisy when i really want to push the gain. If i had to only have one guitar (oh the horror!) it would have passive pickups.

As for the battery situation, is a bit of the pain on guitars without specific compartments, but they last 1500 hours, long as you unplug your cable its a long time between batteries! Theres also the ability to power them through the input jack using a stereo cable and breakout box, Im going to try it, hit them with 24v (they rated to 27) just for shizzles and giggles!

Regular Slinkys 10-46 on my main squeezes (Teles) but i run 11’s on my shorter scale guitars, also run EB’s on my bass, whatever gauge they are. I probably keep should try something else, only others ive ever tried are Dadorrios and not a fan.

Nobody is saying it wont "work" , you cant do it with a line level signal the way you are currently trying and as mentioned by Burkhard you shouldn't be connecting anything grounded to the speaker output which is the only output that isnt line level & also mentioned by Wheresthedug the OX is also not rated to anything close to the power output potential of the Kemper power amp. Physically possible, SURE but at the risk of damaging both bits of hardware for honestly probably minimal (if any) gains. There's (probably , im no expert) ways of getting the desired results in post with zero risk of damaging two rather expensive pieces of gear.

Im not a MAC user and haven't been for decades, ensure all your drivers are current. I don't have any idea how MACOS works with updates and such.

The usb adapter may be the issue, you only have usb c? Maybe you better of running a usb hub into your type c port than just running the adapter.Potentially maybe use an apple branded hub as it should have proper implementation with your device.

Just picked up this mid-late 2000's Fender Japan Tele for a very good price. Its pretty unloved with missing screws, fair few dings and electrics all very dodgy but i got it with plans for fairly extensive modifications, neck is sublime. Already ordered pretty well all replacement parts aside from body ,neck and pickguard! Gotoh 6 saddle bridge, Gotoh locking vintage tuners, Black Gotoh control plate, all new screws and a set of EMG's are due anytime.

How could it have Been discussed to death when it was all just announced less than a week ago. Just thought it was funny

its mentioned in this thread in first few pages and been brought up elsewhere around the place, complete with posted screenshots.

I have a couple of Fractal units as well as a Kemper stage. I just don't get the fanboy anger. It is much more prevalent on that forum than it is on this one. It is okay to like what you like. I use these units for different purposes. I have likes and dislikes about all of them.

I think it is just people needing to feel like they are part of something bigger or to justify what they spent their money on. I think if those people actually got out of the house and made some real friends instead of thinking people online are their real friends it would do them good.

I don’t get the salt either? Theres very little bashing of other products on here like what's going on over there! As for the patent violation, after looking at that patent linked in here, its not remotely valid.

Everyone has their own preferences, then theres the confirmation bias. I bought the Kemper without trying any of the others because i thought it suited me best, all the current offerings around the place sound great in a mix, any differences should be easily tuned out with minor eq tweaks. The overall feature set , build quality and support is what sold me on the Kemper and have all exceeded my expectations.

I never rubbish any other units abilities because ive not used them, the only thing i will question is the build quality. Kemper build quality is outstanding, the floor remote should be registered as a deadly weapon its built so well!