Universal Audio Ox Box

• Hi All,

I just got a powered profiler rack for the studio. There’s a video of a guy on YouTube running out of the profiler while disabling the cab and into the ox box to use those rooms and cabs.

After connecting it I get a weak flimsy and low sound. Is there something I need to do to utilize the power section that I’m not aware of? Any other thoughts? Im really stuck.

Thank you very much.

Jeff

• What output are you running? I assume you only turned of the ir and not the entire eq,stack and ir?
    I don't have an ox box, but i do run a powerhead into a guitar cab with (just) the ir disabled and its in no way, weak flimsy or low. HTH

• Ir=impulse response, essentially cabsim.

uhm now the ox (I’ve never used one) is a power brake no? Can it take line level signals or is it expecting amplified signals ? Those outputs are line level and not amplified. If the ox can do line level stuff and it sounds low still, make sure the outputs you’re using are selected to be outputting the correct type of signal in the outputs menu, you can send all kinds of signals on the outputs with different levels of effects or completely dry.

If you’re after the amplified output of the Kemper is the speaker output you need to use, not the main outputs.

• I just downloaded the OX Box user manual. It doesn’t accept line level signals only amp output. As Dunxy951 said, the OX is trying to attenuate a signal that is already attenuated. You would need to connect to the Kemper speaker out not main out. However, the OX manual also cautions against using solid state amps as they can often exceed the 150w limit and damage the OX. The KPA is a 600w amp so be very careful.

I can’t see any reason why you would want to use the OX with the Kemper as it is extra gear for no benefit. If you want to use the UA ir you could convert these to wav files and simply drag and drop them into rig manager.

• You must not connect grounded devices to the SPEAKER OUT of the PROFILER. This could "kill" the internal power amp. I guess, it's time to study the manuals a bit instead of plugging stuff together, which isn't understood.

• I do believe the Ox's speaker emulation tech is more than just static IR frequency transformations actually.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Here’s the video. It’s for studio recording. He’s obviously got it working. Just trying to figure out how.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nobody is saying it wont "work" , you cant do it with a line level signal the way you are currently trying and as mentioned by Burkhard you shouldn't be connecting anything grounded to the speaker output which is the only output that isnt line level & also mentioned by Wheresthedug the OX is also not rated to anything close to the power output potential of the Kemper power amp. Physically possible, SURE but at the risk of damaging both bits of hardware for honestly probably minimal (if any) gains. There's (probably , im no expert) ways of getting the desired results in post with zero risk of damaging two rather expensive pieces of gear.

• The Kemper (with great profiles) delivers much better speaker simulation than the OX.

IMHO a very overrated box - I tried one after they were available - and returned it.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de