USB Reamping with Logic

• Hi

Using Logic - managed successfully to record into Logic but for the life of me can not configure the the routing to reamp - I now I'm just a few clicks away but its alluding me.

Would any kindly tec wiz please guide me to the enlightenment. (rack Kemper - usb - Mac/Logic)

• Thanks Bayou Texan for your reply - I have done this reamp method as per your post perviously - but with the new USB option can we do away with the extra cabling and all routed down the USB cable?

• Yes. Just treat the cabled ins and outs as the USB ins and outs, which are called Profiler 1 and Profiler 2.

Set the Rec. Source to DI/Master Left or Di/Master Mono. Page 7 of 10 in Output menu. Your DI will be recorded on the Profiler 1 in and your full signal will be recorded on Profiler 2 in. Create 2 tracks in DAW and label those accordingly. Make sure both tracks are "armed" when you make your first initial recording. You may mute the slider for playback of the DI track when recording.

The USB outs are also labeled Profiler 1 and Profiler 2.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It’s definitely not working yet with Logic. I played with it for an hour and couldn’t get the reamp signal to work

☝️…..if anybody has sent a di signal from Logic routed back to the rack Kemper back to Logic on a armed new track please share your expertise 🙏…. if not I’ll wait for Tone Junkie to do a YouTube video…😏

• did you follow the guidelines from the manual?

Select “Reamping” on the USB Audio page in the Output Section and set the pre-recorded DI track (pure guitar) to solo in your DAW. Now, the DI track feeds the PROFILER’s input, the analog guitar INPUT is blocked, and Direct Monitoring is obligatory to enable monitoring of the processed guitar signal during reamping.

Choose the audio source that you want to record from your PROFILER with “Reamp Source” on the USB Audio page.

Record the PROFILER’s output signal on another track in your DAW, while the DI track is playing back via the PROFILER’s input.

• I actually got it working finally and made a video for other people. Should be uploaded in a minute and I'll edit this post when it's ready

https://streamable.com/nuskjk

I think you should make a new post "How to USB Reamp with Kemper" with your vid. I watched your video, and I believe your settings are not specific to Logic but work with most any DAW. Users can comment on how their particular DAW brand varies (if at all).

• With USB Can we only reamp with the solo guitar sound? No way to tweak while listening to the whole mix ?

That's what reamping is -- tweaking while listening. You can reamp inside a mix. Nothing stopping you.

• That's what reamping is -- tweaking while listening. You can reamp inside a mix. Nothing stopping you.

With the USB method you have to solo the DI track, per the instructions, thereby not being able to hear other instruments while tweaking the tone to see how it fits in the mix with the other instruments.

I can make it work with SPDIF on an external interface given that there are multiple outputs.

• I'll have to revisit the USB reamping. I'm currently using my Motu interface (TS) and using a hardware send-return plugin so I can reamp on the fly and while the mix is playing back.

• With the USB method you have to solo the DI track, per the instructions, thereby not being able to hear other instruments while tweaking the tone to see how it fits in the mix with the other instruments.

I can make it work with SPDIF on an external interface given that there are multiple outputs.

Hmm, kind of useless if you can't reamp whilst listening to it in the context of a mix. I certainly hope this isn't the case!