Why not just a Kemper?

• There are effects the Kemper can't produce, I've got a board with a sitar emulator, sequenced bit-crusher / filter, synth and others from the H9, a gamechanger plus pedal, and a CBA Habit which is utterly ridiculous, the profiler can't really do any of those things. It does completely remove the need for 'normal' pedals though, which is great as it means my pedal budget can go entirely on fun weird things! So I use the profiler's compression, drive, reverb and delay along with any EQ that's needed, and if I want something more 'magic' I can add in this board and go to town on it.

I look at it like this. How many times in the night are you going to use a sitar emulator or a sequenced bit crusher in a night? For like a song or a 15 second part? For what it takes dragging it around the audience would likely never know if it wasn't there and you had something close. I recall someone having a sitar emulation effect that was pretty good that I recall messing with, (likely in an artist/legend pack as I rarely find much useful in RE). There aren't many useful effects the kemper can't do just the weird stuff that wouldn't get used much anyway. That's just me, if someone wants to go through all the bother dragging a POG around for a 10 second part more power to them.

• I look at it like this. How many times in the night are you going to use a sitar emulator or a sequenced bit crusher in a night? For like a song or a 15 second part? For what it takes dragging it around the audience would likely never know if it wasn't there and you had something close. I recall someone having a sitar emulation effect that was pretty good that I recall messing with, (likely in an artist/legend pack as I rarely find much useful in RE). There aren't many useful effects the kemper can't do just the weird stuff that wouldn't get used much anyway. That's just me, if someone wants to go through all the bother dragging a POG around for a 10 second part more power to them.

Depends on what you're playing really. There are definitely things the profiler doesn't do at all, synthesised sounds, anything with slow modulations or sequencers. For most kinds of music, most of the time, you can get away with just having the profiler effects though, they're solid. If you're playing weird music you use weird effects more, and you probably want a pedalboard but you don't have to have all the regular compressor, drive, reverb on it which is great. It's a win all round really.

• I look at it like this. How many times in the night are you going to use a sitar emulator or a sequenced bit crusher in a night? For like a song or a 15 second part? For what it takes dragging it around the audience would likely never know if it wasn't there and you had something close. I recall someone having a sitar emulation effect that was pretty good that I recall messing with, (likely in an artist/legend pack as I rarely find much useful in RE). There aren't many useful effects the kemper can't do just the weird stuff that wouldn't get used much anyway. That's just me, if someone wants to go through all the bother dragging a POG around for a 10 second part more power to them.

I gig in cover bands and i would never have a need for such speciality sounds. However i think you need to bear in mind that if you play original music, or in a tribute band, such sounds are often a feature of the songs and important to the vibe, even if it is just for 15 seconds.

You wouldn’t tell Hendrix in 67 that he didn’t need that wah ;) One mans unimportant, is another mans essential.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Vibe and functionality.

Think about it and you will realize that the profiler is the perfect mix of both.

And I dont mean just the sounds when I say "vibe".

I mean the whole thing as a concept. The optics,the attitude of @CK (I dont care about what anyone else is doing I do what I think is best for guitar players) and all that. The refusal to follow any stupid trend and all that. Kemper folks know what they'll get.

It is very simple in the end.