I have a terrible lag when i switch paches with my FCB1010

• Hello there

I have a terrible lag when i switch paches with my FCB1010

It doesnt switch direct

there is at least a second delay when i switch banks.

this is a huge problem so i cant use the kemper live that way.... :(

• Switch banks or switch patches? I'll pay closer attention to any lag tonight. Make sure you don't have a bunch of extraneous messages being sent as well. Mine was set up to send all kinds of just when I got it. I had to strip it back to PC messages only.

• I use a Ground Control Pro, and when I first start up the KPA it acts like that. Then after a few moments it seems to straighten itself out and switch just fine - plenty quickly too.

Initially, it would only work (midi switching) sporadically....fine at home and not at all when playing live. I went to Armin's website, and invoked the midi reset he details there, and that seems to have cured the on-again-off-again behavior - but not the initial start-up hiccups. ?(

You might try the reset....

• +1, check what is sending out. Also setting a single midi channel (on the controller) reduce the lag

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Dlaut: a system reset would be sufficient, no need to erase the flash memory. Though I would strongly advise to check the controller settings first.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Dlaut: a system reset would be sufficient, no need to erase the flash memory. Though I would strongly advise to check the controller settings first.

I tried a system reset first, and it did not solve the issue. Looking again at Armin's website, I don't think I reset the flash memory...though you might look there to see what actually happened. All I know is that it (mostly) worked.

The controller settings (on mine) were fine...it was (and still is, to some extent) the KPA....although due to the number of rigs (over 1,600) there may be some start-up database indexes that need to be re-indexed, or something similar, and that may be causing the initial confusion for the little lunchbox. :) .

Edited once, last by Dlaut ().

• This may have more to do with the FCB-1010 than it does with the KPA.

There is a delay in switching, with my EurekaProm installed FCB-1010. Not sure if it's the same on the stock FCB-1010.

If I look at the display screen on the FCB-1010, as I push a footswitch, I can actually see the FCB recall & send the patch. There is a delay on the FCB itself.

The KPA seems to be ready to go, but the FCB-1010 takes a second to get it's self together. This might be different on other foot controllers.

Watch the LED display on you FCB-1010, the next time and see if it jumps directly to the patch, or if it takes a second.

• Nope. Preset switches before I can even get my foot off the switch. I'm running the FCB1010 with stock chip (the most recent I believe) and have maybe 20 rigs on the box. All you hoarders with 1,000s of rigs need to clean that junk up! ;)