NO INFO LEAKED OUT ABOUT KPA F/CONTROLER ?

• Well two days into Namm and no news on the KFC. Roll on Musikmesse :S

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I got this from CK in June :

"Unfortunately there is no release date yet, it will still take several months".

But like you, I am going to try and wait it out. The LF has that editor which really looks cool , but the price is up there . Worst case scenario is I get tired of waiting and buy the Behringer with UNO chip. ;)

• I have no insider info but just from looking at the price range of Kemper Profilers and Access Virus Synths, I would expect the KFC price being "up there" as well. ;)

Just sayin'
    Martin

I was wondering what it may cost , :huh: but the fact that it will be "Kemper on Kemper" so to speak, should be worth the price :D

• But true - given the pedigree of KPA and Access Virus, Id anticipate a $1K USD price for a Kemper Footcontroller, which only a select few will consider buying at that price, when the Kemper UNO FCB-1010 already does 80% of whats required. But anyone reading this at Kemper - please consider that bulk of us need a Master Footcontroller to control ALL our live show gear, which the KPA might reflect only 30% of that equation.

• Agree with Elantric that the Kemper solution will probably be cost-prohibitive for many of us. The Behringer+UNO solution is really quite a bargain - if you're holding out for the Kemper it's worth ponying up the ~$200 just to have that as a holdover. You can always put the original ROM back in the Behringer and flip it for what you paid when the time comes (provided you bought used in the first place). I'd grab one myself but the size just doesn't suit my needs.

I finally got something sorted out with an old Digitech Control 8 and a MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus. Now that Performance Mode is working, it's finally starting to come together. I have to do a little mental hopscotch to get around there being only 5 switches, vs. the KPA's 4 stomps + 4 post-effects + 5 rig slots. For all the comprimises it's not really a cheap solution either, but it is small and light. I can't remember what the Digitech cost, but the Event Processor set me back a bit. Oh well, the Digitech was depreciating in the basement so long it was basically "free" and the Event Processor comes in handy for all kinds of stuff...

• I think that it should be build like a tank an be reliable. I would not like a controller for, let´s say a 100 Bucks - an every now an than you´ve to put it back to service. I have a great System and i want a good Conrtoller available too. If you buy it - that´s another thing.

• Well, wouldn't it be cool if the foot controller doubled as a non profiling Kemper? The upper row of buttons could control the profile within the controller, and the bottom row could control either a lunchbox, or a rack with a profile of choice. This would satisfy all of the requests for playing two separate profiles simultaneously. In fact, maybe you could dial up one profile on the main unit, and store it in the foot controller, then combine that sound with a second choice on the rack unit. All editing would be done on the lunchbox, or rack. add a software editor that connects to the rear USB, and design your complete setup, including KPA & KFC.
    Just dreaming, perhaps, but I guarantee you, we would all be willing to shell out well over 1k, in a heartbeat! Hint, hint!!!

• Well, wouldn't it be cool if the foot controller doubled as a non profiling Kemper? The upper row of buttons could control the profile within the controller, and the bottom row could control either a lunchbox, or a rack with a profile of choice. This would satisfy all of the requests for playing two separate profiles simultaneously. In fact, maybe you could dial up one profile on the main unit, and store it in the foot controller, then combine that sound with a second choice on the rack unit. All editing would be done on the lunchbox, or rack. add a software editor that connects to the rear USB, and design your complete setup, including KPA & KFC.
    Just dreaming, perhaps, but I guarantee you, we would all be willing to shell out well over 1k, in a heartbeat! Hint, hint!!!

WOW! That is a superb idea. great thinking. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Some users have been over that idea before and unfortunately there is no big expensive piece of hardware in the Kemper for profiling that can be taken out to save on costs. It would actually be a lot cheaper to make a Kemper than a less capable foot controller version of Kemper unless they sold a very large amount of them to pay for all the hidden costs and support associated with production and reliability. The rack and toaster are the same unit in different boxes, so it still gets the same support and upgrades. The cheapest way I can think of for a floor model would be a KEmper in a large pedal with the soft buttons and dials and dpad set up like a pod HD 500. Most of the soft buttons would be routed to pedals and a screen would need to be on the unit as well. The only problem with this model is that the Kemper would first need computer connectivity for interaction as the floor model would not be as convenient in both layout or work area for usage.