Editor pétition.

• +1
    It seems unfathomable that there is still no editor.

Uh...no, not really. If this was an Axe-Fx, now that would be unfathomable :)
    Anyway, it took years to Fractal to have one working. It takes time, and when your man power is busy doing something, you can't do another thing at the same time, unless you double deadlines.
    Priorities, and serious and reliable work. This is how I look at it.

:)

• Uh...no, not really. If this was an Axe-Fx, now that would be unfathomable :)
    Anyway, it took years to Fractal to have one working. It takes time, and when your man power is busy doing something, you can't do another thing at the same time, unless you double deadlines.

I like your very balanced statement. ;)

• I want my USB editor... Wahhhhhhhhhhhh.... ***sniffff***

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Uh...no, not really. If this was an Axe-Fx, now that would be unfathomable :)

When you can't get done what you need to get done and your customers are universally requesting it and all of your competition has it, that's when you HIRE someone. :)

I mean, every SINGLE piece of multi-effects hardware I own or have seen at MUCH MUCH cheaper price with SIMILAR complexity has a software editor. That includes by $150 G3 Zoom pedal, all my under $300 OLD AND NEW Line 6 POD pedals, Digitech, Vox, some modeling amps, etc, etc etc. I paid $2,500 for a powered Kemper and a software editor is nowhere near being even mentioned. It is to me also, unfathomable.

• Well, it was not promised nor announced when you bought the Profiler. You knew what you were about to buy, didn't you?

Anyway, I've not tried all the devices you list, but I've never used one which was easier to tweak than the Profiler.

As a side note, what other units have got or do is not a valid point of comparison. For example, many modellers allow to use more than an instance of delay, but I'd never swap my Profiler with one of those.
    My general approach to gear is: carefully check whether your potential buy will deliver everything you need or want, and decide accordingly.

• I think it's better to have vst plugin with all parameters controlled by MIDI (or MIDI via USB) also working in standalone mode.
    Then you can use all automation in your DAW.
    I know there was a VST plugin - but not finished:/
    I think the Rig Manager is working also with MIDI protocol (via USB)- you can see this in debug mode..

• Yes, I did know it didn't have an editor when I bought it, and it was one of the PRIMARY reason I waited so long to buy it. The only reason I finally DID buy it is because it dropped in price PLUS I was able to get a 20% off deal from Musician's Friend on top of that (which buy the way I'm SHOCKED that the coupon actually worked). I do lover the Kemper and it' not that difficult to program from the front panel, but the scrolling through menu pages and preset lists gets REALLY old REALLY fast. I'm sorry but for $2000 this thing needs a software editor. They need to invest in someone who can do that for that premium price they are expecting you to pay. It's 2015 for Christ sake.

Other modelers are certainly a valid point of comparison. They are in fact the EXACT point of comparison. :) Axe FX is a direct competitor with an awesome software editor.

• I'd never swap my Profiler for an Axe and its editor tho, and this is my point :)
    I don't care whether the Axe has got an editor or the POD500HD has got n delays: I chose the Profiler because of what it does, not because of what the others do, if that makes any sense.

• When you can't get done what you need to get done and your customers are universally requesting it and all of your competition has it, that's when you HIRE someone. :)

I mean, every SINGLE piece of multi-effects hardware I own or have seen at MUCH MUCH cheaper price with SIMILAR complexity has a software editor. That includes by $150 G3 Zoom pedal, all my under $300 OLD AND NEW Line 6 POD pedals, Digitech, Vox, some modeling amps, etc, etc etc. I paid $2,500 for a powered Kemper and a software editor is nowhere near being even mentioned. It is to me also, unfathomable.

What do you need an Editor for, to do what?