Realizing My Pedal Board Is Sucking - My Tone

• After going from:
    Guitar - Pedalboad - Amp - Effect Loop - More Pedals - Amp - Cabinet
    To: Guitar - Pedalboard - KPA - Effect Loop - More Pedals - Studio Monitors

I'm starting to realize that my studio monitors are trying to tell me something... A 20' instrument cable into a dozen pedals/patch cables, and another long cable to the KPA comes at a price that I wasn't hearing before through my old set up of using a tube amp and cabinet. The studio monitors don't lie. I lose a bunch of richness/clarity/top end stuff. My prized pedalboard full of boutique goodies that I've worked my way up to for many years is actually compromising my Kemper. I just realized this yesterday - after having the KPA for a year!!!

I feel like the kid that catches his parents putting gifts from "Santa" under the tree. ?(

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• After going from:
    Guitar - Pedalboad - Amp - Effect Loop - More Pedals - Amp - Cabinet
    To: Guitar - Pedalboard - KPA - Effect Loop - More Pedals - Studio Monitors

I'm starting to realize that my studio monitors are trying to tell me something... A 20' instrument cable into a dozen pedals/patch cables, and another long cable to the KPA comes at a price that I wasn't hearing before through my old set up of using a tube amp and cabinet. The studio monitors don't lie. I lose a bunch of richness/clarity/top end stuff. My prized pedalboard full of boutique goodies that I've worked my way up to for many years is actually compromising my Kemper. I just realized this yesterday - after having the KPA for a year!!!

I feel like the kid that catches his parents putting gifts from "Santa" under the tree. ?(

That´s why i stopped using any pedals before the amp 10 years ago. No matter how hard i tried, even with true bypass devices, there always was some loss of tone quality. Even most 19" rack multis change the tone in some way. The only device i was totally satisfied with was the T.C. G-Major, which sounded totally neutral to me (in the loop).

• might sound outrageous, but the sound is in your hands not in how many pedals or things you put in the chain.

I had it all, trust me, regarding equipment. and I can tell you that the KPA has all the things to have the killer sound. it has FX of studio quality but more of all it has all the distortion you need. I own the KPA since september 2012 and never, never had to use a dist stomp to get a higher gain. currently I use and44 plexis and I do even the most radical solos with the gain at 75% of the range. and I found together with the listener so distorted!

I would suggest you use the KPA alone and build your hands on it.............at least your sound will get cleaner.............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yep the advantages of an all in one hi fidelity box. I love effects, but I think I liked shopping for them more.

The less muck between fingers and sound waves the better. This is the brave new world. The potential has been around for while but the reality is recent. People are screaming at CK for this and that, but have you really explored the KPA to its potential?

Luckily I don' t tone match guitar gods, I can understand if you are in a tribute/ covers act you may have a need but there is so much potential with the KPA why would you want to?

Example - never thought I wanted a ring modulator ( please Donbanarzi restraint) but I've being having a blast with low amounts to a distorted tone cranking the tube bias and amp sag, adding some delay or chorus, all at subtle amounts and massaging the tone to a produce an intoxicating trance inducing tone.

Peace. :S

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.