My impressions of the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2013

• yo, man! this was nice. a pleasure to meet those guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: on the photo who you will recognise immediately, i am sure :D
    [Blocked Image: http://www.geraldos-school-of-rock.de/html/Bilder/Musikinstrumentemesse.jpg]
    CK has recently found a formula to improve energy drinks and is going to leave the music business soon. what you can
    see on the pic is THE revolutionary KED! (kemper energy drink). all the best and good luck!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• First things first. The hospitality at the Kemper booth was overwhelming and i have
      learned such a lot from you guys. A big hug and a big THANK YOU!

• Mr. Kemper himself is a genius and gentleman, too. You know who you are!

• The Kemperbooth was like a green (sic!) oasis amidst a unbelievable cacophonic chaos of a
      few hundred musicians noodling on their instrument at the same time.

• And now the meat. Yes, i have seen the Performance mode with my own two eyes. And it worked
      fine. Do not ask me about the details, but i can say a few things. You lucky
      devils will now be able to have an additional 650 rigs quickly available. And
      what is even better. Due to a combined effort of the Kemper company and
      Behringer the footswitch 1010B will soon be able to handle of all the
      programing and handling two ways. This worked smoothly as a baby’s skin and
      will be THE combination we are going to see soon on the stages of this planet
      anywhere. That is good news for many of you. I personally do not need it that
      much. How many sounds do you need on stage, really? I need four: a clean, a
      chorused clean for intros, a crunchy and a solo sound with more gain. That’s it
      for me. Please check out the videos of Jimi’s performance at woodstock and Led
      Zeppelin’s performance in january 1970 at the Royal Albert Hall! ASAP! One
      guitar, one amp, two sounds and the volume knob – that was all that was needed
      to make a performance that will still hold the test of time in 200 years.

• The pitch shifter. There are many threads about it already and Don has explained the most
      interesting musical considerations here . I still do not understand whether
      there is an intelligent pitch shift available or necessary. If for instance you
      choose four steps aka the major third playing in C-major and play a E’3, what
      you will get is an E+4, is it not? And an E plus four semitones makes a G#,
      does it not. And nobody likes a G# in a C-major scale. Am i wrong or am i wrong
      or am i wrong? Anyway, it will work, i am sure, and sooner or later somebody
      will explain it to me. Conclusion: what a nice and super-good addition to the
      already full mod section!

• A short comment on the rest of the messe. It is huge! Too huge for me, to much noise,
      too many people. But i have met nice people and seen some good stuff. I need a
      backup for my charvel for instance and Fender is going to import the new EVH
      line guitars. That is good news for me, because my charvel was a little
      overprized and the new guitars – although not in the same league – will be good
      enough to replace my beloved red goddess if a string is broken. What else. I
      have met a guy from Tokai who promised me that it is possible to make my Tokai
      stage-ready, which i still doubt. But that would be good news for me. I have
      seen good guitars and amps on every nook and corner, but nothing overwhelming
      and – to tell you the truth, i have lost interest in amps altogether. i have
      what i need now whether in the studio or rehearsing or live with the KPA and i
      look no further ...

• Conclusion:
      it has been a joy to meet some of you guys from the forum! MarcPepper, Ingolf
      and Kreisi, nice to meet you personally! Unfortunately, guitarnet70 was busy in
      belgium, armin was ill and lightbox could not make it to frankfurt as well.
      Hope to see you soon elsewhere or 2014 in Frankfurt. cheers!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Due to a combined effort of the Kemper company and
    Behringer the footswitch 1010B will soon be able to handle of all the
    programing and handling two ways. This worked smoothly as a baby’s skin and
    will be THE combination we are going to see soon on the stages of this planet
    anywhere.

I don't have much to add here... ;)
    Except for a small clarification: Behringer is not involved in the development of the new KPA- specific eprom for the FCB 1010 but Xavier, the guy behind the UnO chip (http://www.ossandust.be).

• ingolf, thanks for this clarification! sorry if i mixed things up.
    Guitartone i dont know his name a guy at the tokai booth
    the tokai springy strat is a superb guitar, theoretically
    i had it to a tech and he couldn't improve on the tuning. single note lines are good.
    chords are out of tune after one minute. this way i cant use it. :S

• Nice report! I can just second every word!

Btw. besides the strange guys you captured on your image above also a few other well known musicians visited the booth while we were there. Was good to see how much interest the KPA obviously generates in the musicians' community!!

Here's Thomas "Stratking of Europe" Blug:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41357709/20130412_113335_k.jpg]
    Looks like he's enjoying it! ;)
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41357709/20130412_113448_k.jpg]

And here's Rod Gonzales from the German band "Die Ärzte" with CK:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41357709/20130412_123011_k.jpg]

Cheers,
    Markus

• Pitch shifter presets / recommendations

• In twenty years, CK will be the Jim Marshall at his booth and everybody wants an autograph. I hope i will get my autograph sooner, so i dont
    have to stand in the queue :D

• hurry up, lazy - i have my autograph already | handwritten by the genius of recklinghausen 8o 8o 8o :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
    in my toaster manual! :P

• yo, man! this was nice. a pleasure to meet those guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: on the photo who you will recognise immediately, i am sure :D
    [Blocked Image: http://www.geraldos-school-of-rock.de/html/Bilder/Musikinstrumentemesse.jpg]
    CK has recently found a formula to improve energy drinks and is going to leave the music business soon. what you can
    see on the pic is THE revolutionary KED! (kemper energy drink). all the best and good luck!

Nice photo!
    Yes you look identical to your avatar photo.

• photoshopped, yuh? allegations and poor assumptions on your side, paul! X(
    you are only envious of my autograph of the einsteinian genius from recklinghausen. :whistling:
    now eat this: a signature of CK by a red marker sits well in my manual on page 3! :thumbup:
    well, all the best then for the long way from Ohio to Nashville, because you don't want to stand back, do ya? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    cheers