Couple of questions of a soon-to-be-Kemper-owner

• Hello everybody!

I am about to buy a Kemper on Saturday, I am simply amazed by this amp and its possibilities :)

Tho I got some (probably pretty dumb) questions:

I want to run the Kemper at home through Studio Monitors and was looking at KrK RP6 RoKit G2s. Are they enough or even usable for playing at home with the KPA?

Second question: I plan to toy around with an Expression Pedal, tho, since I never used any pedals like this, any recommendations? (preferably cheap, I just want to mess with a bit of Wah here and there and read some nice things about what some of you guys did with the PitchShifter :) )

Thanks for your help!

Oli

• Welcome!

Hello everybody!
    I am about to buy a Kemper on Saturday, I am simply amazed by this amp and its possibilities :)
    Tho I got some (probably pretty dumb) questions:
    I want to run the Kemper at home through Studio Monitors and was looking at KrK RP6 RoKit G2s. Are they enough or even usable for playing at home with the KPA?

If you already have them, try them yourself. Several users have had good experience with them.

Second question: I plan to toy around with an Expression Pedal, tho, since I never used any pedals like this, any recommendations? (preferably cheap, I just want to mess with a bit of Wah here and there and read some nice things about what some of you guys did with the PitchShifter :) )

Thanks for your help!

Oli

There are so many choices dependent on what you want to do. I use a Boss FV500. But for the price of 2 of them youl could also get a Behringer FCB 1010 which is a full midi controller INCLUDING 2 pedals.

• But for the price of 2 of them youl could also get a Behringer FCB 1010 which is a full midi controller INCLUDING 2 pedals.

+1 - and with the new KPA-specific chip coming, this is an even better choice :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks for the answers. Yes, I already found some threads about the FCB 1010.

+1 - and with the new KPA-specific chip coming, this is an even better choice :thumbup:

By Kemper specific chip, do you mean that they are releasing a version of the 1010 that is designed for the Kemper? In that case I might just wait and get this one :P

• hi oli,

i do have more or less the same model (KRK RP5 RoKit G2). i use them every day for recording purposes in
    connection with cubase and the KPA. i had a lot of problems with hiss and noise when i changed the pc to
    win8, but that comes from the new mainboard. other than that, they work smoothly with my profiles. ++++
    concerning rehearsing or live, if you have 3 kemper users, you will hear 4 opinions :D
    me-myself-and-i we will never again rely only on FOH and will always have at least a power amp and a 1x12 behind me.
    but that is another story altogether. for home and recording the rokits are perfect. my 2 cents ...

cheers and welcome to the board

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Thanks, that's what I thought. I would use them only for getting sound out of my Lunchbox at home, maybe even at the rehearsal room (which is why I am currently looking at the RP8s :D).Most of my playing will be in the typical bedroom scenario tho, so I don't really want to blast the neighbours into orbit with a power amp + cab. (I assume the RP8s can be hellishly loud too:thumbup: )

• I have the RP8's and the only downside to using monitors is that they are designed to be heard perfectly from one spot in the room. If you're standing/sitting somewhere else then the sound won't be quite as nice. That being said I have no complaints with playing through monitors, sounds awesome IMO. Never played through RP5's or RP6's though so YMMV.

• Thanks for the answers everyone! I got it on saturday together with 2 RoKits RP8 :)

Hopefully I can do some recordings within the next 2 weeks when I find some time!

Oh, and: The RoKits sound pretty awesome with the Kemper. You can play at any volume - doesn't matter, they sound great (and the Kemper sounds great as well! Thanks Mr. Kemper for this awesome piece of equipment :) )

Now brace yourselves - the hunt for rigs has begun

:thumbup: