Posts by Rippin

I found it !!!! what was happening was every time i hit the edit button it was editing the output section....

But, if I hit the back/return button (looks like a circle back arrow) i could see the edit function above the name of the rig (top left of the LCD). Then I could Press “Edit", “Slot Settings” > “MIDI Settings”. then I changed Midi Device A to PrgChg and then i gave it a midi message of 1 (or what ever number to switch the PX-8 to). Thanks for helping out !!!! :)

"You have to go to the slot in the performance itself, edit -> midi -> midi number (1-128) to configure the PX8 switches."

when i hit the edit button i don't see any midi settings other than in the system menu. I must not be in the right menu...

I selected the input and then tried to edit. I also selected the output and tried to edit but, can't find any midi settings.

I'll keep looking... thanks :)

Hello :)

I'm trying to use the Kemper Stage to control my Vodoo PX-8 switcher.

I have midi out from the Kemper connected to Midi in on the PX-8.

I have both set to midi channel 1.

I have an old Roland FC-200 that works well with the PX-8 but, I'd like to have the Kemper stage set the PX-8 switches based on the Kemper rig selected.

I've attached 2 photos showing my Kemper setup.

Again, really appreciate the help :)

you have to set up the external effect to send only the wet signal to the Aux-in inputs. Mixing in the dry signal will cause phasing.

OK, only problem is that defeats my external reverb wet/dry expression pedal control but, I understand what you're saying. Having the external wet/dry control gives me a 2nd morph. Maybe one day Kemper will have that feature. Appreciate your help :) maybe a stereo volume control pedal in series.....crazy I know...

you could use the Aux-in function to add the return signal in stereo. Just make sure you turn down the Aux-in level for the monitor outputs in that scenario. Otherwise you would get feedback.

This works in general but seemed to cause a phasing issue.....really noticeable when i bypass the external effect. tried swapping left /right cables but..

The phasing issue goes away if i take my external effect output to an external mixer, summing the 2 on the mixer in stereo.

I'm tring to run an external stereo reverb using the Kemper Stage.

Most of the time I like to have the reverb last in the chain, so i've put the effects loop in the last block using the lower send/returns.

Issue I'm having is the stereo delays that precede the reverb are becoming mono.....

Only way around this is to move the external effect in front of the delays which of course defeats how I prefer the chain.

I'm thinking to take the stereo monitor outputs as the input to my external reverb but....the returns would have to be mixed external...not optimal.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

I'd also like to see the iPad rig manager improved, specifically the ability to search for a rig name.

Maybe there's already a thread open on this?

it seems i have to move rig by rig and can't find a way to quickly get to a specific rig name.

if i'm on rig 1 and want to go to rig 84......takes quite a while using the iPad app.

it's faster just stepping on the stage bank up of course, but, sure would be nice if could just get directly to the bank searching by name

(which i do on the desktop rig manager). :)

It appears, that your Mission pedal model doesn't have a momentary toe switch but a latching one. You didn't specify the model you own. The PROFILER requires momentary switches, which allow to recognize when a button gets hit and when it gets released.

Burkhard and Alan, thanks for the quick response. I was looking for the momentary/latched setting for the button but, looks like that's not an option. I'll be swapping out the switch :) thanks guys !!!

Hi, I've had the kemper stage for a while but, i'm trying something to use a switch to turn the wah off and on.

For some reason it takes 2 pushes of the switch to make a change. 2 clicks to turn it on and then 2 more clicks to get it to turn off.

I'm using the mission engineering pedal. Out 1 goes tip/ring/sleeve to pedal 3 input and the output 2 i'm using to turn it off and on - standard guitar cable connecting it to pedal 4.

what i used to do was bypass at stop but, i would like to use the pushbutton switch. i watched the video "Kemper-How to Set Up A Wah-Wah Pedal" hooking up cables and settings.

for Pedal 3 setting i have it in Pedal type 2 mode and function set to Wah.

for Pedal 4 setting i have it in mono switch mode and switch tip set to C on/off (wah is in C location).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

I always loved the dynacomp !!!! just don't forget to turn it off before the end of the song LOL hisssssssssss :)

If the Kemper could do a dynacomp simulation as a comp option that would be great !

Thanks for the reply !!! appreciate it. I'll have to plan on putting the wah on a separate pedal or like you say some conscious management :)

It's good to know that at least my settings are ok.

Thanks again

Hi, I'm new using the Kemper Stage. I have been using the expression pedal for volume and it works great.

I decided to use the same expression pedal to control the wah. In the performance i have the wah block on.

on the pedal setup i have WahPedal>Vol entered, Pedal Type 1 and Function set to Wah Pedal.

To get the wah to be at the proper volume I have to select a rig without the wah, put the expression pedal down(volume all the way up) and then switch to the rig with the wah on.

If i enter the wah rig with the expression pedal in the heal position the wah runs at a real low volume.

In the rig manager I have the Pedal mode to "Bypass @ Stop".

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Thanks everyone :) Appreciate the feedback.

I understand the limitations. I was just thinking that since there are 4 pedal outputs I'd be able to assign each one to a separate morph function.

Switching rigs is not as smooth a transition as the morphing but, for now I'm still thankful to have this powerful of a tool.

Thanks again :)

Hi, I'm new to the Kemper Stage profiler. Not sure if this is the correct area to post a thread but, i hope so.

I'd like to hook up the 3 or 4 pedals as separate morphs. 2 of them to morph the delay mixes from 2 different delays, one to control a tube screamer dirt level and one to bring in and out an external effect.

it appears there is only one morph pedal but maybe i'm missing something. I really like the ability to have my foot on the pedal and bring the effects up and down while i'm singing without having to look down to switch patches.

Hope to hear good news on this subject :)