Using external Stereo effect causing previous blocks to become mono

• I'm tring to run an external stereo reverb using the Kemper Stage.

Most of the time I like to have the reverb last in the chain, so i've put the effects loop in the last block using the lower send/returns.

Issue I'm having is the stereo delays that precede the reverb are becoming mono.....

Only way around this is to move the external effect in front of the delays which of course defeats how I prefer the chain.

I'm thinking to take the stereo monitor outputs as the input to my external reverb but....the returns would have to be mixed external...not optimal.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited once, last by Rippin ().

• I'm thinking to take the stereo monitor outputs as the input to my external reverb but....the returns would have to be mixed external...not optimal.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

you could use the Aux-in function to add the return signal in stereo. Just make sure you turn down the Aux-in level for the monitor outputs in that scenario. Otherwise you would get feedback.

• you could use the Aux-in function to add the return signal in stereo. Just make sure you turn down the Aux-in level for the monitor outputs in that scenario. Otherwise you would get feedback.

This works in general but seemed to cause a phasing issue.....really noticeable when i bypass the external effect. tried swapping left /right cables but..

The phasing issue goes away if i take my external effect output to an external mixer, summing the 2 on the mixer in stereo.

• This works in general but seemed to cause a phasing issue.....really noticeable when i bypass the external effect. tried swapping left /right cables but..

The phasing issue goes away if i take my external effect output to an external mixer, summing the 2 on the mixer in stereo.

you have to set up the external effect to send only the wet signal to the Aux-in inputs. Mixing in the dry signal will cause phasing.

• 'this'

I have stereo effects after my Kemper - works great. Sure, its alot of cables, but it works.

The only issue with this approach is where using the monitor out for personal monitor while sending main out to FOH. In this scenario the on stage monitor doesn’t get the external pedal. Obviously, doesn’t matter if a player isn’t using the monitor out though so definitely player specific.

• you have to set up the external effect to send only the wet signal to the Aux-in inputs. Mixing in the dry signal will cause phasing.

OK, only problem is that defeats my external reverb wet/dry expression pedal control but, I understand what you're saying. Having the external wet/dry control gives me a 2nd morph. Maybe one day Kemper will have that feature. Appreciate your help :) maybe a stereo volume control pedal in series.....crazy I know...

Edited once, last by Rippin ().