Wah Pedal on/off takes 2 clicks with Mission

• Hi, I've had the kemper stage for a while but, i'm trying something to use a switch to turn the wah off and on.

For some reason it takes 2 pushes of the switch to make a change. 2 clicks to turn it on and then 2 more clicks to get it to turn off.

I'm using the mission engineering pedal. Out 1 goes tip/ring/sleeve to pedal 3 input and the output 2 i'm using to turn it off and on - standard guitar cable connecting it to pedal 4.

what i used to do was bypass at stop but, i would like to use the pushbutton switch. i watched the video "Kemper-How to Set Up A Wah-Wah Pedal" hooking up cables and settings.

for Pedal 3 setting i have it in Pedal type 2 mode and function set to Wah.

for Pedal 4 setting i have it in mono switch mode and switch tip set to C on/off (wah is in C location).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Official Post

It appears, that your Mission pedal model doesn't have a momentary toe switch but a latching one. You didn't specify the model you own. The PROFILER requires momentary switches, which allow to recognize when a button gets hit and when it gets released.

• It appears, that your Mission pedal model doesn't have a momentary toe switch but a latching one. You didn't specify the model you own. The PROFILER requires momentary switches, which allow to recognize when a button gets hit and when it gets released.

Burkhard and Alan, thanks for the quick response. I was looking for the momentary/latched setting for the button but, looks like that's not an option. I'll be swapping out the switch :) thanks guys !!!