Posts by spotter

I use the different rig cabs. I like the sound of pulling up a Fender Twin w/ 2-12s and a Marshall w/ a 4-12 cab

to be fair, they sound a lot different, so it makes sense to use different cabs in this example.

I use the same Cab and reverb for my whole performance, but my performance includes just 3 or 4 rigs of the same amp. Clean -> Crunch -> Main Gain Sound -> Solo/High Gain. In the end I use the profiler the same way I would use a tube amp and that's what I would recommend to get a consistent sound.

I have a 3 button footswitch from TC/Digitech amps...still using just a single TRS cable, but I have to assume that is no good with the Kemper. I didn't try it. But the 4 button switch I've seen out of Poland uses 2 TRS cables, so I'm guessing it's 1 or 2 buttons max for each TRS cable.

I really want the matching Kemper 2 button, but can't find one in the US it seems. I like things that match LOL.

This one? https://shop.kempermusic.us/profiler-switch-2-way.html

Meine Erfahrung mit einem Klon-Clone vor dem Input:

War nicht so wie ich mir das vorgestellt habe, aber am Ende doch recht logisch. Das Signal wird geboostet, kommt also verstärkt am Input an (clippte teilweise, also Sensitivity runter), der Output bleibt aber gleich.

Da ich aber nur für 2-3 Stellen einen Solo-Sound und einmal das Signal komplett zurücknehmen brauche, habe ich dann irgendwann mal meine Faulheit besiegt und mir entsprechende Performances mit den Kemper-eigenen Effekten gebastelt. Dadurch kamen dann auch die Lautstärke-Änderungen, die ich brauchte.

Um ein Pedal einzuschleifen wäre aber z.b. noch ein Effekt Loop möglich...

Threads zum Thema:

Boosting KPA with external OD/Boost pedals

Using pedals in front of KPA

You can use switches of course. Have a look at the main manual:

Single and Dual Switches of Other Brands

The PROFILER requires so-called “momentary” and “normally open” switches. Channel switches for tube amplifiers are not compatible with the PROFILER, as they use a latching mechanism that would only trigger their assigned switching function every other hit. Single switches are connected via a TS cable, and dual switches via a TRS cable. Select “Mono Switch” or “Dual Switch” Mode on the corresponding "Pedal” page in Pedal Settings of PROFILER Stage or System Settings of all other PROFILER variants and assign a switching function with the soft knob labeled “Switch Tip”. If “Dual Switch” is selected, another switching function can be assigned with soft knob labeled “Switch Ring”. If your external switch allows to change its polarity (e.g. Boss® FS-5 and FS-6), set it to normally open. The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity implies, that the switching function gets triggered, when you release the button. Especially if you intend to control Looper Start and Looper Stop with the external switch, wrong polarity can lead to odd results as both hitting and releasing the buttons have their meaning. Don’t forget to press “Calibrate” and trigger each switch once.

Falls Du ein wenig Geduld hast, warte einfach. ToneJunkie hat wirklich regelmäßig Rabatt-Angebote. Verfolg einfach ein wenig deren Social Media-Sachen oder abonier den Newsletter.

Ich persönlich find die gar nicht sooooo geeignet für härtere Sachen, ist aber vielleicht aber auch mein Problem es richtig zu tweaken.

Du kannst natürlich schon mal in den Rig Packs gucken, ob da nicht was für Dich bei ist (mbritt oder Bert Meulendijk z.B.)

Edit: Live und im Proberaum bin ich momentan mit dem hier am glücklichsten: https://premierprofiles.bigcar…cm800-kemper-profile-pack (Les Paul Tribute mit dem Gibson 490T Humbucker in eine Marshall 4x12 mit V30).

the desktop version of Rig Manager only works over USB. The iOS version of Rig Manager communicates over Wifi.

out of curiosity: If I would get a M1/M2-Macbook, can i use the iOS-app on the macbook then or is there a plan to make it universally available?

Wow! Just wow! Thanks a lot!

(How come I had never encountered octave rock sliding or punk rock octave riffs in the tons of other youtube videos, this is just beyond my understanding what Youtube algorithms were feeding me :) )

yeah, youtube-algorithms don't want you to leave your bubble... and just for fun: If you are too lazy using a second finger you could use the octaver stomp in the profiler of course ;)

whippinpost91850, musicmad thanks a lot!

Would you be able to recommend some video lessons to learn this technique?

So far I found this on Justin Guitar - Lick #11: Rock Sliding Octaves (Guitar Lesson LK-011) How to play

The tabs in the first video are not showing what he is playing in the video. Noodle is just using the second and fourth string for the melody in the video. Have a look at this, this looks more accurate: https://www.songsterr.com/a/ws…ng-cant-repeat-tab-s11436

You can just put your index finger on the second string, the ring finger on the fourth string (always 2 frets higher to play the octave) and tadaaaa: punk rock solos <3

Edit: Very short explanation here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Alternativ wäre ein Midi-Controller eine Lösung. Mit dem dann in Cubase den Start des Songs triggern und dort wiederrum Midi-Commands an den Profiler geben. So zumindest in der Theorie ;)

Andersrum geht es mMn nicht. Der Profiler kann nur Midi-CCs empfangen, oder?

I'm really liking the new album by Birds in Row (french posthardcore/screamo) and there is a specific sound that i would like to recreate (with the profiler of course).

In this video I'm seeing a "blooper" pedal which seems to be a looper pedal that I never heard from before and a T-120 videotape echo.

Does anybody have an idea how to get this staccato reverb?

For example in this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (at 9:28 is a part where the drums stop and you can hear the guitar pretty good)

A bump into the right direction would be great!

I wasn't looking for the ones that came in my profiler. I am looking just for the set as if I bought a new Kemper today. I don't want all the packs just that one. is the most recent 8.0?

Yes. The latest OS Version is 8.7 and therefore Factory Content 8.0 includes all profiles, that you would get when you would buy a profiler in a shop.