Posts by Kaschko

Was that from the same guitar as example 1? The high pitch sounds the same from 1 to 2. Next step is to try a different cable with a different pair of headphones in a different location (like a friend's house a block away, etc). Then, if the sound is still there, you may have to contact support. I hope it is something simple.

Yes, it's the same guitar. A hollowbody with P90.

But I just recorded a sample with my Telecaster custom, too. Middle position with single coil and humbucker: Telecaster Sound Clip.

I already tried a different cable and different headphones (you can hear it on the speaker too so it can't just be on the headphones anyway. You also wouldn't be able to hear it in the clips I recorded if you weren't using the same broken headphones.)

Don't think contacting Kemper support helps since it's "some" of my guitars that produce that sound, maybe the house. I had just hoped that Kemper had an option to cut out that frequency since the profiler is generally really good with suppressing noise.

Hi, Kaschko.

You can use any type of profile, but to use your Kabinet as intended, you'll want to read the Kemper manual - the section on Direct Profiles and the section on the Kabinet.

I actually read this but for some reason I'm still confused. In all the profiles I bought, I think only once direct profiles were included. So even if they are the best for the Kemper Kone, they seem to be really rare to obtain for the amps I desire.

Is this a correct summary?

Direct profile: Only the amp without cabinet and mic

Studio profile: Amp, cab and mic

Merged Profile: Like a direct profile with added cab and mic for better separation

Kemper has this cab driver that helps turning studio and merged profiles into direct profiles, if I understand correctly. Should I assume that the result will be better with merged profiles than with studio profiles?

Also, if I use profiles with my Kabinet and find a speaker that I like, can I export this setting into another studio profile for recording?

Thanks!

You can use the XLR input with your Kemper main out XLR, make sure you shut off phantom power.

You could also use Kemper main out 1/4” into your Focusrite instrument in and choose the instrument switch for TS as the Kemper output is TS.

The XLR port in my focusrite seems to be mic only. I think only the bigger versions allow XLR instrument inputs.

Is there a quality difference between XLR and instrument cable?

In the Kemper output section I would recommend you press the button For main output -12 so you don’t give the Focusrite too hot of a signal. Adjust your Focusrite input with the gain knob after you set this. The gain knob should be set so you see green and maybe the occasional yellow but never red.

While you are in the output section of the Kemper I would recommend you unlink the Main output from your monitor and headphones. That way you can turn up your Kemper monitor output or Kemper headphone without increasing the gain at the Main Kemper output, which would change your signal into the Focusrite.

I did what you described. So now the main volume control on the Kemper only controls the main output, correct? What's the best db level to leave it at? -12db? Even after pressing the 'output -12db' button?

That sounds like an electrical interference problem like from a TV, lamp, light, or appliance plugged in. I would start unplugging stuff in the area you are in and turn off lights one at a time to see if you find the source, and also try changing cables.

I had the same thought once and unplugged everything. I even used a different power outlet. Of course it could be some machine like the water heater that I cannot unplug but I really hope it's something else. Also, why wouldn't it effect my Supro guitar as well? The recording is from a hollow body with dogear P90 but I get the same sound with my Epiphone Dot which has humbuckers and no plastic.

Hello everyone,

my Kabinet will arrive soon and I'm still trying to figure out which profiles I will need to use the Kabinet as an "amp in the room" with the option to change speakers.

Most of my Top Jimi profiles come with merged files, is that what I need? Tone Junkie offers some "direct profiles". Or doesn't it really matter?

Can anyone break this whole topic down for me in simple words? Tried to look it up but I'm still confused.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

several of my guitars produce a high pitched noise when I connect them to the Kemper.

My Telecaster, my hollowbody and my ES-335 all produce this sound but some of my other guitars don't. Could of course be that most of my guitars lack shielding but it seems unlikely.

Here is a sample of the sound I need to get rid off:

Soundcloud Noise Problem

In the sound example you can hear the high pitched noise and then I dial in the noise gate which kills it. But as soon as I play, the sound is clearly audible on top of all the other notes. It's impossible to record with this. Does the Kemper know a solution to this problem? Is there maybe a filter for this specific frequency?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get into my first recording sessions with my new Kemper. I have a scarlett solo USB interface which has a XLR (seems to be mic only) and an instrument input.

My problem: Listening to the recordings on my computer (with headphones) sounds different from what I hear when I connect the headphones directly to the Kemper.

I wonder what could be the issue here.

I'm connecting the Kemper and my scarlett with an instrument cable. My scarlett allows me to turn "instrument" on and off (doesn't really seem to matter, only gain levels are different). I need to adjust gain with a knob.

Am I using the best way to connect the Kemper to my DAW? Isn't there a way to avoid having to use a gain knob on the USB interface? It's all digital so I'm wondering why I can't just plug the Kemper in and send the data exactly as it sounded in the Kemper. There definitely is room for failure on the way into the DAW.

Just to clarify: I have the feeling the EQ is slightly different. I know that the headphones can give me stereo output whereas my guitar cable only does a mono output but even if I switch the Kemper headphone output to mono both machines sound different.

Does my USB interface influence the sound?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to the Kemper side of things and already have some questions. Hope you can help.

I'd like to connect my Kemper to my Scarlett Solo USB device in order to record with Garageband. What's the best way to do so?

I have one XLR connection and one instrument cable cable connection (you can switch 'instrument' on and off on this one).

Is the XLR connection only meant for microphones or is this the one I should take?

If not and I go with the cable into the other connection, do I actually need to use a speaker cable or is a guitar cable okay?

How do I best adjust gain on my interface so that it doesn't affect the tone from the Kemper? I'd love to just go from the Kemper directly into my macbook without adding any other elements that could influence sound. Guess that's not possible?

Thanks! :thumbup: